Paying For Sixth Form

2»

Comments

• John-K_3
    John-K_3 Posts: 681 Forumite
    If you are very academically able then you have no need of a fee-paying sixth form.

Like others, I assume that you are trolling here for amusement, as your story is so badly thought out, but to make it clear, a very able student will perform well at a-level irrespective of where you go. A-levels are quite easy, you can get yourself through them with a bit of learning at home if you want to. If you are as good as you think you are, buy the textbooks, learn, and just sit the exams. Any employer will find that more impressive than going to an expensive sixth form.

To be blunt, expensive fee paying sixth forms are for thickoes. You send your kids there if they are not the sharpest tool in the box but you want them to bluff their way into a minor profession. When I interviewed people who!!!8217;d been to the best schools I was aware that although they may be great, they could also be a finely polished turd. If I could not work out which, I passed on them.

The equivalent performance from a comprehensively educated candidate tended to mean that they were excellent.

You need to ask yourself, how good are you? Your apparent need to have a special education suggests that you are not very clever.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure