Options
2»

Comments

• esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    LadyDee wrote: »
    I've carefully followed your suggestions but I simply couldn't get the AngleMouse to work. I'm wondering if it doesn't like Windows 7?

I have a Windows 7 PC -- I'll give it a test -- might take a day or two until I can fit it in.
    LadyDee wrote: »
    Thank you very much for your assistance, and if this new mouse proves no better than the Trackball perhaps I'll contact the developer for some help.

No problem! It strikes me that this must be a common problem for a lot of people. It kind-of annoys me that there isn't an obvious solution.

Out of interest, what made you change from the trackball you had? Was it the uncontrollable speed of the pointer? Or did you find it physically hard to control?

I got a trackball as I had really bad RSI. One thing I like about it is that the pointer doesn't drift all over the place when I'm not intentionally pointing at something -- I can lightly touch the trackball (the ball itself), move my hand away, and click a button without the pointer moving.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    esuhl wrote: »
    I have a Windows 7 PC -- I'll give it a test -- might take a day or two until I can fit it in.

No problem! It strikes me that this must be a common problem for a lot of people. It kind-of annoys me that there isn't an obvious solution.

Out of interest, what made you change from the trackball you had? Was it the uncontrollable speed of the pointer? Or did you find it physically hard to control?

I got a trackball as I had really bad RSI. One thing I like about it is that the pointer doesn't drift all over the place when I'm not intentionally pointing at something -- I can lightly touch the trackball (the ball itself), move my hand away, and click a button without the pointer moving.

I've been using the trackball now for several years but have a hand tremor and somehow my thumb just seems to have recently developed a mind of its own when I try to stop the blue ball in exactly the right place.

I'm managing quite well with the Tecknet at the moment. I find that I can spread out my hand and stop the mouse moving on the desktop with my thumb and little finger, but I'll be sorry if I'm not able to use the trackball, as its overall shape and size is much more comfortable.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure