What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 9th April?

Options

Comments

• ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,078 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi All

DNMS - I hope we get to see your creations

Today we have:

Checked Bank & made PAD
    Collected a few pack of Doritos - thanks to on pack promotion, managed to get another promotional pack and won a £5 :j
    Managed to get DH a pair of PJ bottoms from White Stuff for £4 thanks to sale & a "we've missed you email" which gave me £20 to spend (funny thing is I've never bought from them just signed up to their emails for a comp)
    Swagbucks
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer
    Checked: Tombola Stars, Lucky Bob, Luckyphone, WinaDinner, FPL

Night all

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 April 2018 at 7:31AM
    Options
    Morning :D Working today - I was going to post a :( but working day may kick me up a gear. A combination of weather and not feeling great has meant mostly this week we've just stayed at home and my motivation is zero!

At least while working I will stay out of the shops!

small things for the day:

* gathered together my breakfast/lunch/snacks - have lo stir fry and enough left for tomorrow ;)
    * quick look at the meal plan and grab anything out needed ;)
    * get joint of meat out of freezer for tomorrow
    * take photo of receipt and submit for cashback
    * relist 2 items that didn't sell on fleabay
    * wrap item that did
    * wash hair and let it dry naturally while getting for work
    * prep stuff for work tomorrow when I get in
    * research and order walking foot to finish quilt - received my final ppi and I am getting a grand sum of £65 coming - my track record continues I can get ppi for everyone else but mine are titchy! But I guess £250 I wasn't expecting 2 months ago can't be sniffed at! - I think I can get one for around £10/11
    * be mindful that something I really want to get (plimsolls in madam's size) is ending today while I'm at work. Might need to get oh to bid on them...

Ok think that's all! I better think about getting on now as less than an hour before I leave - where does the time go????

Hope you all have a lovely Saturday x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

Just enjoying a cuppa and some commonwealth games whilst the rest of the house is still snoozy. Netball was very good :D

My list for today:
    Need to pay dancing subs but have money in the pot
    Check banking and surveys
    Order DH a pair of work shoes but will use cash back
    Take another pair of shoes we ordered back to a shop as the return fees are horrendous. Wouldn't order from them again on that basis
    Meals from stores, get something from freezer
    Double check meal plan for next week
    DH and I both to gym
    Peg washing out, it's not raining for the first time since about November :rotfl:

Enjoy your day peeps.
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,122 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    It's not raining here, either, PurpleFairy.....a first for our region for a very long time!

Morning Saturday Savers,
    Feeling motivated today, so am going to kick in my list & get on with it:
    *Bake a wholemeal loaf.
    *Bake mini-muffins (today would have been my Dad's birthday & I've decided I'm going to mark the day each year by baking something. He loved my cakes right from when I first started baking aged 11 up to the week before he died, so I think this will be a nice simple thing to do in his memory every year).
    *Major greenhouse session....mostly potting up seedlings.
    *Top dress grapevine with worm compost & top up wormery with veg scraps.
    *Sold another small ebay item overnight.
    *Think about what I'd like for my birthday. Mr f is asking me on a daily basis so I must up my game on the thinking stakes!
    *Leftover Moroccan beef pie tonight. I wasn't sure how the couscous topping would freeze, but it looks ok.
    *Order tunic pattern for the lovely jersey fabric I got from the market.
    *Plan for city centre trip tomorrow - make sure I've got vouchers, cash from relevant pots, loyalty cards & packed lunch ready to take.
    *Crochet around a few more blanket squares. I want this project finished so I can get 3 pairs of socks knitted for the presents box.
    OK, must collect mini DAB for greenhouse & maybe a 2nd coffee & crack on.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :)
    Lovely weather today, sun shining, not freezing cold and not raining :j Not much to report though, as we have been out. Went for lunch with some rellies, and a nice long walk after. No spends apart from fuel as a relly did lunch for everyone at his house :D Was so pleased to be able to go for a decent walk again, and especially nice as we walked round the grounds of a college where I studied and used to work. I had forgotten what a beautiful place it was :)

Came home, had bits from the fridge in lieu of dinner. Will have to spend in a minute though, as we have run out of milk and will need to get some from the corner shop (fancy some chocolate as well :o which actually hardly ever happens).

Got some braising steak out of the freezer which I shall convert into a pie tomorrow. I am determined to eat from the freezer as much as possible, as it is rammed again :o

Will check seedlings in greenhouse in a minute, and aim, I think, for an earlyish night :)
  • dizzyblnd
    dizzyblnd Posts: 449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Where was the gingerbread candles on special? They sound lovely.

1LL I haven't done Swag$ or Tuluna in years. Do u find either of them profitable anymore?
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    dizzyblnd wrote: »
    Where was the gingerbread candles on special? They sound lovely.

1LL I haven't done Swag$ or Tuluna in years. Do u find either of them profitable anymore?

dizzyblnd they were in W1lko 25p each. I think they come and go. I posted the link on last week's thread
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
  • PurpleFairy26
    edited 15 April 2018 at 9:00AM
    Options

My internal alarm clock went off at its usual time of 6.29 so I decided to get up and enjoy some peace and quiet. Last night I did some more research on plastic alternatives that I will try to add to my life as current stocks run out (where it's not a financial disaster to switch). First things on the list are:

Shampoo bar
    Cotton/paper ear buds
    Beeswax paper (cling film alternative)

My list for today:

Go to farm and buy some fresh milk, will need to do this before breakfast. Good job the cows are up early ;) -done
    Take return back that we didn't do yesterday, will be quieter today
    Balance just for spends cc - done, was 30p out. But I remember now I was before, so I just paid it off so it balanced
    Meals from stores
    Get ready for school and work tomorrow, packed lunches, uniforms etc...
    Me to gym
    Pay electricians bill, money from Home savings - done
    Put some envelopes (that have come in the post) on a hook to reuse rather than just recycle - done

Back to check in later. Purps.
  • determined_new_ms
    Options

My internal alarm clock went off at its usual time of 6.29 so I decided to get up and enjoy some peace and quiet. Last night I did some more research on plastic alternatives that I will try to add to my life as current stocks run out (where it's not a financial disaster to switch). First things on the list are:

Shampoo bar
    Cotton/paper ear buds
    Beeswax paper (cling film alternative)

could you bring yourself to use a mooncup and/or reusable sanitary wear Purps? I must say I am really happy with my pads I made. Pretty simple, low cost - I think I spent about a tenner on materials. I've been very pleased with them for comfort and non-disasters ( ;) ) :D

Also I'm going to return to soapnuts because of the impact washing powder has on the environment/ocean life. I think I'll keep a small box for really soiled items but am going to make the switch :)
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    could you bring yourself to use a mooncup and/or reusable sanitary wear Purps? I must say I am really happy with my pads I made. Pretty simple, low cost - I think I spent about a tenner on materials. I've been very pleased with them for comfort and non-disasters ( ;) ) :D

Also I'm going to return to soapnuts because of the impact washing powder has on the environment/ocean life. I think I'll keep a small box for really soiled items but am going to make the switch :)

Have been looking at a mooncup, having two daughters I'm aware that my choices will have an impact on them too :think: interesting on the hm pads too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure