What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 9th April?

Options

Comments

• allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi April Awesomees,

I start work at another site tonight, miles away. :cry: Switching back to nightshift is going to play havoc with my body clock. :(

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Three:

* Work very hard on my own mental health issues. Do Holistrio App.

* Check online banking and broadband usage.

* Turned off alarm clock until tonight, it resets itself automatically.

* Take a packed lunch to work.

To live without risk is to risk not living.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 April 2018 at 7:59PM
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Yet more rain this morning :(
    Hoping it will dry up later like it did yesterday, so I can put washing out on the line. I put it out for a while but it didn't dry much, must get the airer out in a minute
    Other things:
    OH just gone to get tyres for car :eek: £170 :eek:
    Need to pay window cleaner's and milk bills Will do in a minute
    Check banks and update spreadsheet Banks done, but must update spreadsheet with today's spends :eek:
    Regular savings account matured, so £65.74 interest :D Started another one, as the interest is 5%, and it earns a bit more just by recycling existing savings :)
    Need to do a shop Done, also picked up a couple of cardigans for me in Sainsburys. I am down to just one that I don't like much, I don't often see them, and these were only £10 each :)
    Expensive day (in fairness only due to the tyres, other things won't be much) Certainly was!
    Might take some items to sales unit Done
    Need to post a parcel for RM survey Done
    Plenty of lunch bits in fridge OK
    Something out of freezer for dinner Had leftovers instead

It would be nice to get out in the garden, but too wet this morning, and even if it is like yesterday and dries up a bit this afternoon, it looks to be pretty cold as well :( Have to see how it goes! It stayed cold and often wet :(
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,078 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good Morning All

Dull, damp and overcast again- very disappointed. Today we will:

Check Bank & made PAD - Done
    Bake (Apple & Cinnamon Loaf) - Cooking now, smells delicious
    Purge a few emails -
    Enter a few comps -
    Surveys -
    Swagbucks -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Check: Tombola Stars, Lucky Bob, Luckyphone, WinaDinner, FPL -
    Read -

Have a great day all.

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 11 April 2018 at 6:02PM
    Options
    Afternoon folks

Bit mad at work today - my new freelancer (seems ok so far thanks!) had to rush off very suddenly as he seems to have a bit of a bad tummy so I'm doing an emergency priority deliverable for the client AND his coverage work! Eeeep!

Bit naughty last night as OH had a rather discombobulating day so we hit our fave cafe for a coffee and then went for a bit of cheeky sushi dinner. All from budgeted personal spends but this pot is looking very low already.

Today though:
    • B/L/D from stores (will be eating last night's planned pie)
    • Snacks as planned (this going very well so far - lets see how I cope over the weekend)
    • Bit of overtime today to finish all work off already worked lunch plus will probably stay late) - I am superwoman. I have finished half an hour early!
    • Sew in crochet ends (ongoing)
    • No alcohol
    • No sugary stuff
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Start thinking about prices for boot sale items. ask mil if she has anything else to sell
    • Start drafting up meal plan for next week and adding to shopping
    • See if work have a battery tester I can borrow - nope
    Have a good one folks

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening all. Bit of an upside down day as I knew I was going to be back a little later from work today, I helped DH do a job for a charity this morning. Will put in a mileage claim, I don't normally but it was miles away and we saved them about £150 in doing it so the £20 odd I'll get for fuel will be fine.

Other things:
    Check banking, moved money back from high interest account to bills accoun so I get monthly bonus
    Need to sort out a couple of pot repayments for things we bought on Saturday
    Went to wholesalers for a big shop. Managed to stretch it to 8 weeks without upping spend. Got some butter for £1.25 a block which is cheapest I've seen it for ages :D
    DH made chilli for tea, will freeze leftovers
    Got ys chicken drumsticks but they ere on 3 for 2 so I got 30 for £2.64 :A will portion and freeze. Good for bbqs. Here's hoping :rotfl:
    Unsubscribed from some emails
    Read Lakeland catalogue and then recycle
    Do packed lunch for dd and DH for tomorrow
    Washing shuffle as grey and miserable here
    Pack up fleabay parcel, move money now I've packaged it. Will post tomorrow. Money to LPDF
    DH put some money in sealed pot
    I've moved some money from account to hopefully ring fence if for payment to loan at end of month

Enjoy your evening folks.
    Check surveys
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have been reading and following when I can RL is manic at the minute and set to stay that way until the end of April...cant wait until we hit May
    Many thanks for asking 1LL if everything was okay.
    Also had DD home, (just left to go back to uni today) so was playing catch up on her things aswell-only got about half done but planning on getting a few more bits sorted as she is home in a couple of weeks for a family baptism.
    Pleased to say a lot of meals/puddings out of the freezer eaten, I am finally seeing space!!! Means I can start making meals again and get the extras frozen. Slow cooker has been a godsend aswell

Supposed to finish with my RM survey stint but it doesn't look like that is happening at the minute so plodding on with catch up since they introduced the new platform which I am not keen on hopefully more stamps to come which I have been using to send birthday presents and eBay parcels out.

The cats have cost me a fortune-£100 spent on treatments but they are worth it. Have an elderly cat that is going to need to stay on pain relief for the rest of her life but she is snoring happily away now so I know things are good.

Trying to keep on top of my grocery spends book. Managed okay with good breakdowns in March but struggling a bit in April. It's just a case of grabbing the item I need and not worry so much about cost if I pick up a few extra items along the way......need to address this and get back on track

Away this weekend at a sporting event......will take snacks with me

Think that's about it from me now...bound to think of something else later

Have a great evening everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • ziggy2407
    Options
    1LuckyLady wrote: »
    Ziggy, I stopped doing luckyphone last year when they were changing payout, is it worth still doing? Do they payout on 1000 LP's still? Thanks in advance!

No, they haven't decided yet on payouts but am holding out as over 1000 points

• ziggy2407
    Options
    I have been reading and following when I can RL is manic at the minute and set to stay that way until the end of April...cant wait until we hit May
    Many thanks for asking 1LL if everything was okay.
    Also had DD home, (just left to go back to uni today) so was playing catch up on her things aswell-only got about half done but planning on getting a few more bits sorted as she is home in a couple of weeks for a family baptism.

Have a great evening everyone x

Was awake during the night and thought ooh must message HK see if everything ok as noticed you'd not posted and then obviously I forgot in the cold light of day - sorry :o glad to see you posting, hope things settle for you soon

• Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Aaawww thanks Ziggy

Have tbh will be glad when April is over. Plus having to sort out more prep for my op, just don't seem to have time to do anything at the minute.

My spends book looks pathetic and neglected and I'm not watching my spending either, if there is one thing I am determined to do is bring my spending back under control and my book back up to date!
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 April 2018 at 11:37AM
    Options
    Morning :) hi HK nice to see you posting again. Hope life has been busy in a good way!

1LL feeling lazy next to you! I literally woke up half hour ago and very sluggish right now! My sleep pattern is really messed up atm :( fell asleep at 7 and woke up 2.14-4 :( must try my hardest to stay awake until a reasonable early night time tonight....

This afternoon we have free tickets to lecture with Ken Loach the film director :) oh's ma is having madam.

Other than that I hope to:

* sow a couple of trays of seeds
    [STRIKE]* hang up washing[/STRIKE]
    * finish altering my dress and then dye it :j
    [STRIKE]* tidy up [/STRIKE]- why is my house always so untidy??? :eek::mad:
    [STRIKE]* checked banking[/STRIKE]
    * check meal plan for tonight's dinner
    [STRIKE]* check onepoll[/STRIKE]
    * have a hunt round while I'm tidying up for fleabayable things
    * email fleabayer as I bought 2 things from her, they were posted together and she hasn't refunded me 1 of the postage costs! I might have to raise a dispute over it! Cost to her £2.95 cost to me £7! Done - really not impressed with this!
    * contact life ins people to finalise policy
    * nip into town and collect gingerbread candles (posted on here last week) that's my first lot of Christmas gifts tucked away :money:

Ok that's all I can think of/will get done I think! Happy Thursday :D
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business