EON Website not working for weeks

in Energy
20 replies 14.6K views
I have been trying for three weeks to get online at EON. I don't think the website was ever very good but I switched to EON as this site recommended it as a good deal. However I am unable to get through to the company online as the chat facility is not working, the phonelines are useless and repeated attempts to log on have given me the message that the site is 'just having a few technical hitches' and 'we should be back online very soon'. Neither of these being the case.
Infuriatingly the contact numbers page says:
'We're really sorry, our contact centres are currently getting a lot more calls than usual. This means that if you call, you could be waiting a long time to speak to someone, so please try to manage your account online or check out our help and support.'
So I am just going round in circles.
How do I submit a meter reading with this kind of service? :(
«1

Replies

  • RaxielRaxiel Forumite
    967 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    The E.ON reps on this forum (Malc and Helena) are quite useful, and were able to help me out with login issues in the past.

    They are only on during office hours though, so you might need to bump this thread Monday morning to get the attention of one of them.

    Regarding the website, It's working for me at the moment. The site does have limited functionality (and the mobile app can't be logged into) until the first bill has been raised, in my case it was a month after switch. The live chat rarely seems to work for me, but you should be able to submit readings here
    https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/your-account/meter-readings
  • Thanks but I have been with EON since last september and have submitted readings before. I can't use the link you have posted because I can't login to my account. Everytime I try to log into my account it gives me a message saying site isn;t working and I have tried changing my password a number of times! I don't use mobile apps for anything financial.
    I will just have to wait until Monday and hope to get one of the reps. Cheers D
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_MalcFormer_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    6.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    El_Debster wrote: »
    I have been trying for three weeks to get online at EON. I don't think the website was ever very good but I switched to EON as this site recommended it as a good deal. However I am unable to get through to the company online as the chat facility is not working, the phonelines are useless and repeated attempts to log on have given me the message that the site is 'just having a few technical hitches' and 'we should be back online very soon'. Neither of these being the case.
    Infuriatingly the contact numbers page says:
    'We're really sorry, our contact centres are currently getting a lot more calls than usual. This means that if you call, you could be waiting a long time to speak to someone, so please try to manage your account online or check out our help and support.'
    So I am just going round in circles.
    How do I submit a meter reading with this kind of service? :(
    El_Debster wrote: »
    Thanks but I have been with EON since last september and have submitted readings before. I can't use the link you have posted because I can't login to my account. Everytime I try to log into my account it gives me a message saying site isn;t working and I have tried changing my password a number of times! I don't use mobile apps for anything financial.
    I will just have to wait until Monday and hope to get one of the reps. Cheers D

    Hello El Debster and I'm sorry you've been struggling to talk to us.

    You're right. Response times through all our channels haven't been up to scratch recently. The bad weather last month caused us to close some of our offices. Added to this, we've had several serious system issues. All this caused major backlogs. At the time, we put in place a Service Recovery plan that, I'm pleased to say, is now beginning to see success.

    Wait times for our Live Chat advisors are back to what they should be (they're available as we speak) and our social media channels - twitter/Facebook - are back to a response time of just over 2 hours during office hours (8am to 8pm weekdays). This includes the private messaging services. Phone wait times are much better and we're hoping to remove the long wait messages on our website and phone lines by the end of this week. Not fully out of the woods as emails and complaints continue to work through backlogs.

    Our website is now working as it should. Have you been with us before and had an online account at the time? It could be an old account linked to your address is causing the problem. If this is the case, I'd suggest cancelling all registrations including the latest one and re-registering. Also, try clearing the cookies in your browser.

    Hope this helps. Let me know how you go on.

    Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_MalcFormer_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    6.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Raxiel wrote: »
    The E.ON reps on this forum (Malc and Helena) are quite useful, and were able to help me out with login issues in the past.

    They are only on during office hours though, so you might need to bump this thread Monday morning to get the attention of one of them.

    Regarding the website, It's working for me at the moment. The site does have limited functionality (and the mobile app can't be logged into) until the first bill has been raised, in my case it was a month after switch. The live chat rarely seems to work for me, but you should be able to submit readings here
    https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/your-account/meter-readings

    Thanks Raxiel. Our website and Live Chat service are working okay now following the issues I mentioned above. Still the same with the App though. As you say, this can't be used until after the first bill. App issues are something Helena has been talking to our IT guys about for quite a time. She'll let everyone know when there are positive changes around this. Thank you for your patience.

    Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Hi
    I have just tried to login by resetting my password. I followed all the instructions and got to the password change page. When I clicked on the link that says change password and login this is what I get:

    Sorry
    Sorry, we!!!8217;re just having a few technical hitches
    Our website is not working at the moment but we!!!8217;re doing our best to sort it out and we should be back online very soon, so please try again later.
    Here are some emergency numbers if you need them:
    Top Up
    If you need to top up your Smart Pay As You Go meter, or have been disconnected call us on 0800 015 6368
    Power Cut?
    Call 105 open 24/7
    Smell Gas?
    Call 0800 111 999 open 24/7.

    Secondly there are no clear instructions on how I cancel my registration and re-register? though how that would make a difference I don't know. I had been using the site perfectly well up until two months ago. I may have been with EON before but that was some years ago and at a different address so why would that cause confusion now? You website is still saying that there are long waiting time for calls and to use online. BUT I CAN'T GET ONLINE!! Please note I have already paid 2 EON bills since I joined and you are still taking my direct debits. Also I do not use apps, they are unsafe and easily hacked and given the problems with your website at the moment I am afraid I would not trust your apps.
  • Also just another point the link that Raziel posted isn't working for me. It goes straight to the 'Sorry, technical hitches' page.
  • So, I cleared all my caches, browsing history etc. just to make sure this wasn't causing a problem then tried to login using my new password (just reset it) and my e-mail address. Didn't recognise my details. So I tried again using the user name I had just been sent by EON. So I login using new password and username and get this:
    YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN CLOSED.

    What is going on? This is an appalling service. I am now trying to call EON on the number recommended.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_MalcFormer_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    6.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    El_Debster wrote: »
    Hi
    I have just tried to login by resetting my password. I followed all the instructions and got to the password change page. When I clicked on the link that says change password and login this is what I get:

    Sorry
    Sorry, we!!!8217;re just having a few technical hitches
    Our website is not working at the moment but we!!!8217;re doing our best to sort it out and we should be back online very soon, so please try again later.
    Here are some emergency numbers if you need them:
    Top Up
    If you need to top up your Smart Pay As You Go meter, or have been disconnected call us on 0800 015 6368
    Power Cut?
    Call 105 open 24/7
    Smell Gas?
    Call 0800 111 999 open 24/7.

    Secondly there are no clear instructions on how I cancel my registration and re-register? though how that would make a difference I don't know. I had been using the site perfectly well up until two months ago. I may have been with EON before but that was some years ago and at a different address so why would that cause confusion now? You website is still saying that there are long waiting time for calls and to use online. BUT I CAN'T GET ONLINE!! Please note I have already paid 2 EON bills since I joined and you are still taking my direct debits. Also I do not use apps, they are unsafe and easily hacked and given the problems with your website at the moment I am afraid I would not trust your apps.
    El_Debster wrote: »
    Also just another point the link that Raziel posted isn't working for me. It goes straight to the 'Sorry, technical hitches' page.
    El_Debster wrote: »
    So, I cleared all my caches, browsing history etc. just to make sure this wasn't causing a problem then tried to login using my new password (just reset it) and my e-mail address. Didn't recognise my details. So I tried again using the user name I had just been sent by EON. So I login using new password and username and get this:
    YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN CLOSED.

    What is going on? This is an appalling service. I am now trying to call EON on the number recommended.

    Hello El Debster and I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time logging in to your online account. How did you go on when you phoned us last night?

    Just a thought but, if you had an online registration for a previous account that used the same email address as now, you’ll need to use the same password too. If you've changed the password, our system can't distinguish which account to log in to.

    Anyone here can cancel registrations. If it's not already sorted please drop an email to the address in my Profile and I'll be happy to do this for you. If you can include details of the current and any past accounts as well as account numbers, addresses and your date of birth it will help me sort this. Thanks El Debster.

    Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • CharisCharis Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    It is now October 2018. I moved to a new build in June and couldn't set up my account straight away. The meters hadn't been 'handed over' to Eon by the developers. Over a month later I was able to set up my account but had passed the stage where I could choose to change to another supplier. A Direct Debit was set up and I thought no more of it.



    I apparently had a bill in August but I cannot access the actual bill. At all. The 'Download Bill' tab just flashes up a message "Javascript void" ie the coding doesn't send you to your target. The view on Eon's bill tab says "It appears you dont have a PDF plug in for this browser" and "You can download the PDF file". I have Adobe PDF reader on my iMac, which is good enough for both my banks. It's the best available.



    I cannot download the PDF file because there is no tab to download it apart from the tab on the previous page which sent me to the second duff link.


    I want to plan my electricity and gas consumption. I have new, much larger house and no idea how much I will be charged by the winter's end. The smart meter is rubbish, it doesn't even tell me how much I have already spent for gas. Electricity shows me an amount but refers to a budget which I am unable to set because I only have the most basic information on how to use the smart meter in a tiny leaflet.



    I have emailed several times and just get either a list of numbers to call/chat lines to visit or a reply that says it should be fixed by now. That's the only piece of Eon's response that I thoroughly endorse. It should be fixed by now.



    Eon would not have been my choice, I joined for reasons I have already outlined above. Eon has a legal responsibility to show a bill to all customers. If they can't be bothered to fix the site, shouldn't we all be entitled to a paper bill? Without loss of any benefits on the account we signed up to? I don't want a hike in my tariff because Eon can't keep up to speed.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_MalcFormer_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    6.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Charis wrote: »
    It is now October 2018. I moved to a new build in June and couldn't set up my account straight away. The meters hadn't been 'handed over' to Eon by the developers. Over a month later I was able to set up my account but had passed the stage where I could choose to change to another supplier. A Direct Debit was set up and I thought no more of it.

    I apparently had a bill in August but I cannot access the actual bill. At all. The 'Download Bill' tab just flashes up a message "Javascript void" ie the coding doesn't send you to your target. The view on Eon's bill tab says "It appears you dont have a PDF plug in for this browser" and "You can download the PDF file". I have Adobe PDF reader on my iMac, which is good enough for both my banks. It's the best available.

    I cannot download the PDF file because there is no tab to download it apart from the tab on the previous page which sent me to the second duff link.

    I want to plan my electricity and gas consumption. I have new, much larger house and no idea how much I will be charged by the winter's end. The smart meter is rubbish, it doesn't even tell me how much I have already spent for gas. Electricity shows me an amount but refers to a budget which I am unable to set because I only have the most basic information on how to use the smart meter in a tiny leaflet.

    I have emailed several times and just get either a list of numbers to call/chat lines to visit or a reply that says it should be fixed by now. That's the only piece of Eon's response that I thoroughly endorse. It should be fixed by now.

    Eon would not have been my choice, I joined for reasons I have already outlined above. Eon has a legal responsibility to show a bill to all customers. If they can't be bothered to fix the site, shouldn't we all be entitled to a paper bill? Without loss of any benefits on the account we signed up to? I don't want a hike in my tariff because Eon can't keep up to speed.

    Hello Charis and hope you've settled in to your new home.

    I'm sorry you've been having difficulties sorting out and using an online account. We've had various issues with our website of late. I received a message this morning advising they're now fixed.

    With new builds, there are sometimes delays receiving details from the developer, builder or their agents. Not sure what you mean by 'passed the stage where I could choose to change to another supplier.' I suspect we put you on our standard tariff to start with. This has no tie-ins leaving you free to change supplier at any time without penalty.

    If you've gone for paperless billing, we'll have sent an email to the registered address to let you know a bill was ready to view. Please go to 'view my statements' on the landing page. To download it, I'd try a different browser and make sure you've the latest version of Adobe Reader installed.

    You don't have to have paperless bills. You can change to paper bills through your online account on the 'My Details' page. There's no impact on your account or prices whichever option you choose. Alternatively, we'll be happy to do this for you if you contact us. If you're still struggling to see your latest bill, we can send you a copy of this too. If you don't want to phone, try our Live Chat or Social Media channels.

    Sorry you don't like the smart meters. We've specialist smart meter teams who'll be happy to talk you through how best to use the In-Home Display. Contact details are on our website.

    Hope this helps point you in the right direction Charis. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

    Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest News and Guides