Quotation/Preliminary Search appearing on Others’ Searches section of Credit Report

Options
I have recently been declined for a personal loan. As suggested, I contacted the two credit reference agencies used to get copies of my credit reports. I am waiting on one, but have the other from Callcredit Check.
In the Search History section under the section where “searches may be seen by third parties when they check your details with Callcredit” I was very surprised to see the date that I used the MSE Credit Card Eligibility Calculator listed as Quotation/Preliminary searches.
One even states “Money Saving Expert Powered By Capital One (Cr App)”

Is this an error? I understood that these would be soft searches only and would not appear on my report. On this basis I looked at more than one card provider to compare my likelihood of being accepted before applying.

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 April 2018 at 2:21PM
    Options
    Soft searches can only be seen by you. It shows you that someone, including you, has searched your report. The problem is that some of the reports do not distinguish between the 2 when you look.
  • MumstheWord_2
    Options
    Thank you Molerat. Callcredit Check!!!8217;s report has two different parts within the Search History section. 4.1 is called Others!!!8217; Searches and 4.2 is Your Searches. These appeared in Others!!!8217; Searches.
  • MumstheWord_2
    Options
    Callcredit Check!!!8217;s Repor and Others!!!8217; Searches.
  • Superscrooge
    Superscrooge Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Are you checking Callcredit via Noddle?

Whilst other CRA's separate the searches into hard and soft searches. Noddle for some reason separates them into 'your searches' and 'others' searches'. But not all searches listed under 'others' searches' are hard searches.
  • MumstheWord_2
    Options
    Thank you Superscrooge for clarifying. I did this via registering on Callcredit!!!8217;s website to view my statutory credit report. But the formatting of the report sounds like what you!!!8217;re describing in Noodle!!!8217;s reporting.
  • MumstheWord_2
    Options
    Sorry, don!!!8217;t know what is going on with the formatting of the apostrophes I have used!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure