• Toto
    Toto Posts: 6,680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    rog2 wrote: »
    When was there EVER a 'feel good' plot in 'Walford'? :confused:

Um yes, the one where cindy beale paid to have Ian shot :rotfl:
    :A
    :A
    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" - Albert Einstein
  • claireac
    claireac Posts: 983 Forumite
    :rotfl: @ Toto!!

Oohh I love East Enders and I always have. Was sat there shouting at the tv last night as Peggy was about to sign everything away to slime ball Felix.

I hope they show the right way for her to sort things out, BUT secretly hoping that Grant comes back and batters Felix!!

Claire xx
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Toto wrote: »
    Um yes, the one where cindy beale paid to have Ian shot :rotfl:

Shame she couldn't afford to pay to have them ALL shot. :rotfl: :rotfl:
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I missed it last night.... thanks for the update!!

CA x
    Proud to have dealt with with my debts
    Debt free from 18th March 2013, long may it continue!
  • I too was yelling at the TV!!!

Perhaps she will log onto DFW and make us all famous!!!!!:rotfl: :rotfl:
    :D Thanks to MSE, I am mortgage free!:D
  • lynsayjane
    lynsayjane Posts: 3,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    I don't watch this religiously but have seen a few more recent episodes and like you all was yelling at peggy for being such an idiot last night! Must say I wish I was stacey's brother (who's name has totally slipped my mind), always fancied hitting peggy with something heavy!

Like everyone I'm hoping that Martin turns up, in fact I'm fairly sure that I was yelling out 'where's martin when you need him!' :rotfl: we could dress him in some form of batsuit for it, super matin to the rescue!
  • OGB03
    OGB03 Posts: 335 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Like I said, I know it is only a soap, but it's probably the first time I've seen the debt issue addressed on prime time tv (not documentaries and the like) where hopefully it will reach people who wouldn't get to see Martin and get some good advice. I didn't hear or see the public information bit at the end saying that if you're in a similar position, contact.... which is a shame really. Glad it wasn't only me who was literally screaming at the tv, and praying for an impromptu appearance from Martin. :D

I don't think Peggy was actually being an idiot for signing/almost signing her life away. In desperation, people do anything. Not wanting to be ageist, but she's getting on a bit and doesn't have 'her boys' around her in this time of crisis, and she's also suffered breast cancer and all sorts of other issues. Once again, I know this is only fiction :eek:, but sadly I know 'real life people' who've been through similar horrible things and have been driven to do crazy things at a point of desperation.

Oooh, I really sound quite sad taking this so seriously, but honestly, I felt quite ill when I saw her throw a wad of unopened bills onto the table last week, not to mention when she was being intimidated by the bailiffs. I was just a whisper away from this some months back and lucky for me I kept in contact with everyone and it never came to that, but... :confused::eek::eek:

I'm off to get a life now...:rotfl:
    OGB - Queen of Bling baby...:A
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    OGB03 wrote: »
    I'm off to get a life now...:rotfl:

What's 'a life' OGB? I suppose you mean 'outside of DFW'. :confused: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • I think it's good to see them showing how easy it is to get into a debt nightmare.
    Barclaycard 3800

Nothing to do but hibernate till spring

• BizzyBek
    BizzyBek Posts: 265 Forumite
    I haven't watched eastenders in years but saw a clip of that storyline on something else and turned to my mum and said 'do you know what I'd recommend?'

Mum "She visits Martin's site?!"

Me "I've become that predictable haven't I?"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family