Busy Mee's Last Leg

Options

Comments

• Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Options
    Joking apart it is really a bad virus, I had something similar last February and the cough went on for 9 weeks. I hope you are feeling better Suffolk Lass and hopefully you will now be able to start your retirement properly.
  • Busy_Mee1
    Options
    I have just had the most lovely lunch that I fished out of the freezer.Christmas Soup followed by foraged blackberry apple compote and Greek yogurt.

It was delicious and made me very thankful for my frugal ways on a cold wet miserable January day :D
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope Mr Mee is feeling better soon, there is some horrid bugs flying around. Hope he hasn't shared his germs with you.

Lunch sounds good

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Busy_Mee1
    Options
    Thanks Wannabe. He is better, but still coughing. I have a sore throat but am just ignoring it, in the hope it doesn't develop into anything. We are going to stay with friends at the weekend and I don't want to be ill x
  • the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    Hope you have a good weekend and hope the cold doesn't raise its ugly head too much.
    CRx
  • Busy_Mee1
    edited 1 March 2019 at 12:16PM
    Options
    It struck me today that I have kept a diary on here on and off for 4 years :eek:

My first diary started on 4 January 2015 and the figures were as follows:

Mortgage £271,751
    Savings. £20,400.81
    Mortgage balance £251,350.19

In January 2019 the figures now stand at :

Mortgage £229,244.10
    Savings £70,500
    Mortgage balance £158,744.10

We have effectively reduced the mortgage by £42,506.90 and added to our savings by £51,055.19. Our total mortgage reduction in four years ( including the savings which are all earmarked for the mortgage) is £93,562.09.

I used to regularly lay awake at night worrying about the size of our mortgage and honestly don't think we could have done this without all the help and support on here. We certainly wouldn't be in a position to retire. I am quite stunned by this ......it just goes to show that all the small money saving hacks combined with a lot of focus pays off.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,334 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,902 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    That's a fantastic achievement!! You should be very proud!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    well done:j
    CRx
  • Busy_Mee1
    Options
    It has turned positively freezing here and the sore throat I have been nursing for the last couple of weeks has finally turned into a cold. I am hoping that it is just a common cold and not the nasty virus Mr Mee has had. I don't feel very ill, just snotty and sneezy :(

At least I was OK for our weekend away with our friends. I didn't spend very much ...just £6 for a couple of pots of tea and a cake to share :A

We had a great time and did some holiday planning with them for later in the year. The only other spend has been £6 for yoga on Monday.

I have done the January accounts and updated the spending app and I am really pleased with the result. I actually have some cash left this month. It is just as well as we have some mega credit card bills in February so will need to keep the spending to a minimum. I am desperately trying to maintain our savings rate for the next 9 months. :T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback