LBM and determination in full force.

Options
12346»

Comments

• stinabean
    stinabean Posts: 175 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Not much to report today - still being careful with money and I should hopefully not be overdrawn at all before pay day at the end of the month which would be the first time in forever!

Still umming and ahhing over the shower options. We do have some money gifted to us via cheque, not yet put in the bank, from OHs family as they wanted to contribute to putting plumbing in a kinda outside shed but it's attached to the house - we're going to be insulating and tiling it then adding the washing machine/tumble dryer in there so we can have a dishwasher in the kitchen.

At the moment it's just a junk storage shed with a spare fridge freezer inside (which I plan to fully utilize once I have my "go to" recipes for batch cooking) but others on our road have made them into a spare loo, utility room or just a large porch with lots of storage so I hate that ours is wasted space at the moment!
    Considering using that money for the more urgent need of a decent shower system over a less urgent need of a dishwasher.

In my 26th week of pregnancy now and the dizziness is starting to come back so struggling to get things done/move quickly which is really frustrating me. Also trying to train the dog to be more obedient and it's not going well :rotfl:
    Pushing through to Jan 2020 to start saving and debt busting!

£8k loan
    £0 savings
  • stinabean
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!

My bank switch has finally gone through, I moved a halifax account with 2 direct debits over to M&S so will hopefully receive a gift card in a few weeks which will help - I imagine we'll save it for when the maternity payments start to get a bit less so it helps us with food for a bit.

Once that's done will be looking at switching deals again. It's just my credit card min payment direct debits so don't mind them being moved around often, rather that than my actual main account - makes me anxious!

Prolific seems to have ground to a stop so only have about £7 in there at the moment. Leaving it for now, would rather build it up a bit.

We've decided to go ahead with the new thermostatic shower via credit card. I've moved some money from both mine and the OHs account to the Emergency Fund. With those amounts, plus half the actual Emergency Fund, we'll only have £150ish to pay on the credit card and between two people that's not a problem especially as it's 0% for 36 months (his name not mine).

I've done a home stock check of all our food and we have so much veg and all the basics like potatoes, rice and pasta it's really just meat we need so will do a small shop at the weekend to see us through the week.
    Also still haven't backed up and wiped our iPhones for selling. MUST do these tonight so we can actually post them off tomorrow!

£8k loan
    £0 savings
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just a thought - have you actually got any evidence that your car is taxed? Judging by the insurance debacle and now that we don't get tax discs any more. I'd be checking that straight away.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • stinabean
    Options
    Yeah he did actually do it so at least that's something! - checked online :) Due April 2019.

£8k loan
    £0 savings
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    stinabean wrote: »
    Yeah he did actually do it so at least that's something! - checked online :) Due April 2019.

That's a relief!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • stinabean
    Options
    Morning all - another weekend gone :(

Taken another look at money for OH's impending pay day and mine due at the end of the month. I feel like I do this every few days :rotfl:
    We're both looking ok. He's overdrawn this month as usual. This is due to a mix of him really not caring because his wages pays it (he's never in a huge amount) and we also visited family for 5 days so he paid for petrol etc involved with that.
    I cannot spend any money now until my pay day at the end of the month. We're set for lunches and dinners until Saturday, all organised and pinned on the fridge, then anything after that will be taken from the Food account that OH will have started his Standing Order from payday this week :D Feels like it's starting to take shape!

I don't need to buy anything until my pay day that I'm aware of, and if anything awful comes up we do have a small emergency fund.

Shower due to be fitted somewhere within the first two weeks of May, will be using OH's family money for that as by the time it's intended use rolls around we will have (fairly easily) saved up to replace it.

Starting the dog on clicker training today. Realised me and OH have different ideas/voice cues when trying to teach him things and we get frustrated and give up.
    Not this time! I need an obedient doggo for when baby arrives.

Think that's it! No more PAD-ing for me this month unfortunately unless I manage to shift some bits on eBay but I've paid more this month than I normally do so..!

£8k loan
    £0 savings
  • stinabean
    Options
    Little update as it's been a while, though nothing major to report.

I definitely went into my overdraft and definitely could have been avoided. It was a want rather than a need however I've been paid today and it's not the end of the world.

Dog training is going pretty well, he's a clever dog really it's just keeping on top of it!

Separate bank account for groceries and takeaway has helped massively, I now don't feel dread every time I do a food shop as it's all budgeted and accounted for! :D

Other than that, still waiting on the shower installation and resolution of Car complaint. Figured out SMP etc and I'm pretty covered in terms of essential outgoings while I'm off, just have to reign in the "need" to spend as I just won't have the funds!

Starting to put plans in place to make life easier for the first few months of parenthood, just routines and meal plans etc so the basics don't need worrying about.

That's all! Still in debt, but it's not increased so that's something.

£8k loan
    £0 savings
  • stinabean
    Options
    Long time no update as it's been a bit of a plod. Have cut down the extra credit card payments as have been needing the "spare" cash for baby bits to make sure we've got the essentials in time for next month. Still paying marginally over the minimum amount so they're ticking over.

Have switched a bank account a few times which has/will pay for food shopping, and doing the same for OH too :D

We've got some money from family still, earmarked towards a leaky gutter, water pipes for installing a washing machine and underlay/carpet for baby's room as the current is horrendously smelly from previous owners 3 cats peeing in there on the regular, so at least I'm not worrying about paying for all of that.

Neither of us have touched credit cards other than to pay off obviously so that's a huge step in the right direction!

We do have lots of family visits, have just said goodbye to the second lot and have the 3rd of 4th "lot" at the end of this week. Stretches our food budget a bit but should be fine.

Now trying to figure out proper routines of washing, meal plans, house cleaning so it's all easy to stay on top of and not some huge job that always needs completing!

£8k loan
    £0 savings
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family