Reclaiming Currys 'Whatever happens club agreement' premia

Options
Hi all

I purchased a tablet computer from Currys PC World in 2012. For some silly reason I accepted the £3 per month 'Whatever happens club agreement' which offered lifteime free repairs etc. I never normally do this, so not sure why I did. I always meant to cancel it but never got round to it. 5 years later, I finally stopped the direct debit - long after stopping using the tablet...

As with PPI, does anyone know if it's possible to claim the money back for this? Other than ringing up Currys and saying it was mis-sold to me. A quick google search reveals that this agreement is generally not a good deal and staff can be under pressure to sell it etc.

Has anyone had any luck with anything like this? Grateful for any thoughts!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    As with PPI, does anyone know if it's possible to claim the money back for this?
    How can you argue it was mis-sold? It's not PPI and has no relation to it.

You cannot allege it was mis-sold simply because a Google search says it was "not a good deal" I'm afraid.

Note that not all insurance was PPI and not even all PPI was mis-sold.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you ask them very nicely and can show you disposed of the tablet/bought a replacement, they might be generous and refund the premiums from when you no longer had cover but they are under no obligation to do so as you willingly took the policy, admit you knew about it and simply didn't cancel it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure