Harmful App warning.

in Techie Stuff
2 replies 677 views
TakedapTakedap Forumite
796 Posts
Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
Forumite
I am using a cheap generic Chinese tablet running Android 4.1.2 To make up for the lack of storage space, I have installed Apps2SD Pro which requires the tablet to be rooted.
Several weeks after rooting using KingoRoot I have started getting a warning notification when I boot the tablet up. This is "Uninstall Harmful App" with the message Kingo ROOT can damage your device.
Is there an alternative to Kingo ROOT that is safe? I do not do any "sensitive" stuff on the tablet apart from occasionally accessing the internet using my home WiFi.
Does the tablet need to stay rooted for Apps2SD to keep working?
Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• Neil_JonesNeil_Jones Forumite
    8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    App2SD needs root access to do its job.
    Normally once you've rooted a device you don't need things like Kingoroot on them to keep them rooted, they can come off. You'd only need it if you wanted to unroot the tablet again in the future.
  • tonygoldtonygold Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    i have used AppMgr III from the playstore on a samsung phone and tablet and it does not require the device to be rooted.

you get a list of apps it can move to sd card (some can't be moved) and is pretty simple to use.

just be aware that whenever an app on the sd card is updated it returns to the device storage so then needs moving again, but you get used to that!!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Check your Clubcard vouchers

Use our trick to extend them

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals