20/20 Vision (repaying a debt to my home and myself)

Options

Comments

• RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,879 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A friend of mine would take out any kitchen and bathroom in a house she bought , even if it was only a few month old, so is it worth it.

:eek: blimey, I don't know anyone who could afford to do that - buying here is so difficult people are already stretched so more likely to live with doing things later on. The only people I know who could put significant money in straight away had either an inheritance to spend or very high income.

I certainly couldn't have paid extra for my house as the mortgage wouldn't go any further, even though I do have sufficient spare income to do it up gradually.
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    I now think I joined because I don’t have a nice bathroom or a shower. How sad is that? Never mind. That will change :)

Happy Sunday everyone :)

:j:j:T:T

Rosa xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,381 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glasses sound like a good deal :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • moneyonmymindsam
    moneyonmymindsam Posts: 2,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 April 2018 at 9:04PM
    Options
    Hello , Glad to hear there is some looking after you appearing.

So pleased about the Sunglasses - what a nice treat. I have the same pair in 4 different colours!! naughty Sam.

OMG about Tomato Sauce I really am thick when it comes to things like that so I will be more conscious!!

XX
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,172 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope fat club goes ok, it does work if you stick to it.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A day off and up at 8 (late for me)

Health goals
    There have been gradual I have taken on over the past few months and I have noticed positive changes. I have been sleeping well for the past few weeks. The only thing I have done different is I no longer drink coffee after midday. I have also managed to stop eating dairy and I am drinking alcohol very rarely if at all. I never drank much anyway but I noticed it creeping up and worse becoming habitual and I didn’t like it. I seem to have my crisp habit under control (it seemed to go hand in hand with drinking wine) I am eating chocolate but only 85% chocolate and I don’t really like sweet things anymore not even that single chocolate in Ner0 in the gold wrapper.

I mention this as I am back at fat club tonight and I haven’t stuck to the plan :( We shall see what happens…

I am also not taking enough exercise. I’m thinking of doing a weekly plan every Sunday where I identify 3 sessions of exercise.

I need to lose 2kg this month to be ‘on target’ according to my goals so I need to try harder.

Other stuff
    I made some soup today. I used a turkey neck soup in it and the soup is excellent. :) I wanted to use the turkey liver as it has lots of iron and it is organic. But I can’t get past how nasty it looks so I threw it away. :(

I am going to the Swedish store as my clothes rack broke and I can’t dry clothes

House goals
    The roofer is back from holidays and coming on Wednesday to quote. I am hoping he is ‘the one.’ Cherryfudge asked if this was a new form of matchmaking :) but a good, honest, roofer is way more important than a partner right now. Sad but true :)

So that’s me today. Wish me luck for fat club :)

This did make me laugh but I know what you mean.:rotfl:

Good luck at fat club.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,381 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on the appointment with the roofer.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,172 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hot water bottle and bed sound good to me.
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    I suggest nice tea or chocolate in place of wine

Glad you have roofer appointment - keep us posted!

Rosa xx
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thanks for the nice messages everyone :)

You will be pleased to know I am less miserable today :)

I WFH today. Everywhere looks grubby and dusty :o

GETTING IT OUT OF THE HOUSE
    Today I have decluttered a coffee pot.

I have a ‘best’ coffee pot that is a vintage one and probably worth £100 or more. I keep it safe and only use it for guests. Decided I am going to use it for everyday. If it breaks so be it. At least I would have got enjoyment from it :)

Sent a dress back to B0den that I liked but I want to love my clothes from now on

GETTING ORGANISED
    Burning spearmint and orange oil
    Picking up objects off dining room floor
    Clearing dining table
    Bins emptied
    Dining room floor swept (SO MUCH DUST ON FLOOR)
    Sewed a button on a dress and ironed it.
    (Dress hung outside wardrobe as it fits, but is a little tight. Will start wearing when 2 kg target is achieved at the end of April)
    Using dehumidifier as everywhere feels so damp. Lots of water generated!

MONEY MATTERS
    Transferred funds, back in the black, but a £5 fee. The moral of this tale is to create a buffer in my current account which I will do.

I hope you had a positive day :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills