20/20 Vision (repaying a debt to my home and myself)

Options

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Peep peep. Happy driving
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I am home and I am proud to say I faced my fears. After not driving alone for 10+ years I drove my new-to-me-but-a bit-old-really car home. :T It is wonderful that the car was paid for in full. I was going to pay for it in 2 parts but I did not in the end :)

It was a nightmare journey 300+ miles and a breakdown! So glad I got breakdown recovery with my new account sorted. They sorted the problem and got me back on the road. The new account with benefits has already paid out more than the whole year will cost me in fees :)

I have spent too much money over the past week. Time to balance the books and see where I am now.

Now I finally have my second account I am going to start budgeting properly :)

The car situation really brings home to me that we can all do much more than we think we are capable of. ;)

I hope you are all well.

I will check other people’s diaries later tonight :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,395 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy new car :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Welcome back in your car, baptism of fire thrown in. Well done 300 miles is quite a long way for a first journey.
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Happy new car to you xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,879 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy new car DIA, well done you

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks everyone. ;)

I'm looking forward to my first Ald1 shop tomorrow. I can load it into my boot and I won't have to do an online shop. The things I look forward to. Don't worry it will wear off :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I think I'd be in the sea if I drove 300 miles in any direction. Well done.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I woke up today after dreaming about driving into the back of lorries and when I got close enough to crash, I woke up.

However, I woke up with a feeling of gratitude for yesterday. Here are the things I am grateful for:

When steam was coming from the bonnet I found a driveway to pull over into. The owners were kind and did not mind me and the recovery services blocking up her driveway and let us fix the fault there. She made me a lovely cup of tea too. :A

The damage to the car would have been worse if I had not taken immediate action. The part I needed was in stock and was fitted for minimal cost.

Kind strangers gave me directions when I needed them.

My full tank of petrol went a long way.

I didn’t get a migraine.

The gardeners are coming today :)

I lost a few pounds in weight when I was away :)

Despite an insanely expensive month I am not overdrawn :T

I hope you find lots to be grateful about as you go about your day :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Oh, and a plastering quote came in. It felt on the high side. Today I need to identify a new plasterer and arrange a comparison quote.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills