In 1985 I received a payment of £5k from a trust which had been administered by a bank trust company. In 2015 the company wrote to me advising that I had been "disadvantaged as a life tenant and a remainder man of the trust" and as such I was entitled to compensation. According to them the fees for acting as trustee from 1966 to 1985 were calculated using the wrong fee scales. They then paid me a further £1700 which they advised was the income and capital compensation due as a result of this error. While I was very happy to receive the £1700 I have no idea whether or not it was reasonable compensation or if I should have challenged it? Hoping for some guidance if anyone has knowledge in this area.


  • NasqueronNasqueron Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    Do you have any facts or figures or records showing you are due more? If not, enjoy the bonus money, it'll have been calculated along some sort of official guidelines
    the concept of a United States of Europe is right.” Winston Churchill 1930
    I think that the Government are right to apply to join the European Economic Community...” -Winston Churchill 1961
    “The future of Europe if Britain were to be excluded is black indeed.”[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] - Winston Churchill 1963
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Did you know there's an MSE app?

It's free & available on iOS & Android


Regifting: good idea or not?

Add your two cents to the discussion

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools