The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Do washing machine waste hoses have a non-return device fitted?

2»

Comments

• seatbeltnoob
    seatbeltnoob Posts: 1,298
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    im waiting for a refurbished deal on a drain cleaner attachment for my pressure washer. I read that all other solutions just punch a hole through the clog and just temporarily solve the problem.

the washing machine waste shouldn't be a issue, it's running up and over the divider walls so it won't glow into the washing machine unless the water level is really high. something i overlooed when I originally posted.
  • Does anyone know where I could obtain a suitable non-return valve? 
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,110
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    You don't want a non-return valve in a waste pipe, it will just get clogged up.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • seatbeltnoob
    seatbeltnoob Posts: 1,298
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    just an update, I ficed the problem with a pressure washer drain cleaner attachment. Same one as this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiW5H3BsIzw

I was done shortly after I posted and it's completely solved the issue for the last 2 years. We had slow drain in the sink for several yers, now I am a bit sad and fill up the sink with dishwater, and pull the plughole and watch the water drain away so fast.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback