Tonik Energy Bullies DO NOT USE

Tonik energy are close to harassment. My supplier Scottish Power incorrectly informed me my contract with them ended in March. I then requested to switch to Tonik energy as they wrre cheaper. Scottish Power then informed me my contract actually expired in July and leaving before this date would incur a penalty. I said I would remain with them then and they agreed to continue supplying me. They then put me through to Tonik Energy. I rang for an exceedingly long time but they did not answer and did not have the facility for a message. I could see no problem as Scottish Power said they would supply me. I then received an email form Tonik Energy to say they would be supplying me in just over a week. I said I did not want them to supply me and they told me they would be doing so as I was three days out of my cooling off period. I explained I had tried to call them but they don’t answer the phone. They insist they are still going to supply me. Every day they send me e mails telling me they will supply me and every day I reply I do not want them to supply me. I point out that they have not started supplying me yet and I do not wish them to do so. They insist it is out of the three day cooling off period. There is no objectivity (they have not started supplying me) and no accounting for the fact they do not answer their phone.
It’s:
Appalling Service from Tonik Energy
Mindless repetition of three day cooling off period when it was their fault I could not contact them.
Worse still, daily e mails talking of a cooling off period when they are not actually supplying me and could therefore easily stop the process which makes it tantamount to attempts at bullying.
Do not go anywhere near Tonik Energy as suppliers of gas and electricity.

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 29 March 2018 at 9:42AM
    The 'cooling off' rules are set out in Law and the energy Supply Licence. Had you written to Tonik within the 14 day 'cooling off' period then Tonik would have had to cancel the transfer even if your letter was received by them after 14 days had elapsed. As harsh as this might seem, you have nothing to complain about. You signed up to a contract, which starts on the day that you applied to switch and not the first day of supply, and then failed to revoke your decision within the appropriate timescale. The fact that you couldn't get through on the phone does not change the terms of the contract that you signed up to as you had other means of contact at your disposal.

FWiW, in your situation, I would be raising a complaint against Scottish Power. If, as a result of their miscommunication, you have initiated a transfer in good faith to another supplier, then Scottish Power should be asked to agree to waive all exit fees. If necessary, take the case to The Energy Ombudsman with evidence to support your complaint.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure