IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Indigo/Train Station - Penalty Notice

Options
1235»

Comments

• G-Man10
    G-Man10 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    So, three months after initial windscreen penalty notice and nothing through the post? Obviously I have access to the ticket and the status via the Indigo website but pleasantly surprised so far that I've received nothing in the mail.
  • G-Man10
    Options
    Still nothing in post.

Could previously access the Indigo website and see the fine and my appeal. It allowed me to reappeal a number of times and I did which reset the payment back to the lowest amount which was odd. Then last week I couldn't access the notice via Indigo. Thought I'd try via the I Pay PCN website which previously didn't have anything and low and behold the notice was available via that website with picture evidence of car. Then two days later, that's not accessible and says "this case is no longer available"
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'd like to say, that's it, they've given up, but always expect the unexpected in this game. Time will tell if they come back at you again.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If the 6 months is up, this is in fact what should happen, as Indigo can no longer process the data legally after that time and are only allowed to send 'pre-action' comms. After 6 months there can be no action taken by the TOC, so there can be no excuse for pre-action letters any more.

If you do get another letter that is after the 6 months, immediately complaint to Steve Clark at the BPA by email:

steve.c@britishparking.co.uk

...pointing him to a link to this thread (as he does look at MSE) and telling him the six months is up, so Indigo's excuse has gone, and they cannot now process DVLA data in this case, at all.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • G-Man10
    Options
    Only 4 months but looks like they've given up as you guys mentioned. Obviously didn't get the details from DVLA or my appeal was too strong. I appealed online and didn't give an address and later on I just changed my address which was basically something like 50 Unnamed road to their own address. Oh well. Case closed as far as I'm concerned but we will see. Thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure