Delay activating card

I have successfully received my Virgin credit card giving me 35 month 0% I intend to pay off a previous 0% card with the funds.
However the other 0% card is piggy backed onto a long term low interest rate So the only time I can pay off the 0% part of the deal is the 2 June and the problem is once I activate my new card I only have 60 days to make use of the 0% offer.
How long can you normally delay activation ?
Keep in your thoughts the poor Beasts of burden around the World and curse All who do them harm.

Comments

• cooltt
    cooltt Posts: 852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Lol....60 days from account opening not from card activation. FYI your account is already open.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    As far as I recall Virgin money cards don't require activation.
    I have no idea what you mean when you say that the other card is 'piggy backed to a long term low interest rate' or why you can't repay it until 2nd June. This makes no sense whatsoever.
    Use the new card and transfer the balance now. 0% is better than a low interest rate anyway.
  • I want to pay off MBNA card I have.
    I took out mbna card for 0% use to shift debt after a few month they offered me a very long low % rate which I took to shift even more debt.
    As the long low rate and the 0% rate are on the same card if I pay off anything now it will come off the low rate part of the debt and NOT the 0% part of the debt which deal ends 1st June so I need to pay in on the 2nd June to ensure highest % is paid off first.
    Keep in your thoughts the poor Beasts of burden around the World and curse All who do them harm.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure