Forum Home» Motoring» Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking

A question about cctv camera enforcement smart car

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

A question about cctv camera enforcement smart car

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
6 replies 1.1K views
LilBecLilBec Forumite
19 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
Does anyone know if these can record whilst moving or whether they have to be stationary?
Today i turned the wrong way out of a car park. I only realised once driving in it that i had turned into a bus lane/bus only road. There was only the one lane so i couldn't move out of it and nowhere to turn so didnt have much choice. In just typical fashion a car marked "parking enforcement" drove past me the other way (its not bus only in the other direction) so I'm wondering if a ticket is heading my way. I was in the bus lane so i am at fault, but will still be really annoyed if i get a ticket coz it was a genuine mistake! Having said that i dont know if these cars do bus lanes as well or just parking. Its bolton area if that makes a difference.
Thanks for any responses.

Replies

• RedxRedx Forumite
    32.5K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SMART do not use CCTV , they use ANPR cameras on the entrance/exit that take still pictures to record the number plate and the time of entry and exit

if there was a council run bus lane then they may have recorded the error so keep an eye on your postbox
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • Johno100Johno100 Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Redx wrote: »
    SMART do not use CCTV , they use ANPR cameras on the entrance/exit that take still pictures to record the number plate and the time of entry and exit

I suspect the OP is referring to a Smart Car an automotive marque rather than Smart Parking Ltd

article-1204174-05EF906C000005DC-495_468x542.jpg
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    91.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if these can record whilst moving

Yes they can. If you get a Council PCN, go to pepipoo (no Hotmail emails there):

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

HTH
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Was just wondering i was driving down a road and CCTV Smart Car was behind next. Do they record cars while moving off? They was originally parked at a school then moved off just a little behind me??
  • Was they recording me? Or is it just for the schools ect :T
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    31.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaisyWay wrote: »
    Was just wondering i was driving down a road and CCTV Smart Car was behind next. Do they record cars while moving off? They was originally parked at a school then moved off just a little behind me??
    DaisyWay wrote: »
    Was they recording me? Or is it just for the schools ect :T

Why, why, why has this thread, which is almost two years old, been resurrected with a random, lacking-in-detail query?

We have no idea whether 'they was recording you'. Who are 'they'?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.