All Inclusive in Spain/Balearics...?

Options
Hi, I'm looking for recommendations for an All Inclusive holiday in Spain/Balearics. I've never been to an AI and would normally go self-catering in the Med and as far away as possible from other Brits and All Day Breakfasts. However, we now have a 4 year old and 1 year old and want to go to a family friendly hotel and not have to do any cooking.

Bearing in mind the phrases 'Family Friendly' and 'All Inclusive' make me want to vomit into my copy of the Guardian could anyone recommend any 'Family Friendly' and 'All Inclusive' hotels on the Costa Del Sol/Majorca/Menorca/Ibiza?

more info:
- the food must be REALLY GOOD.
- we're going end of Jun just before school hols
- we want accommodation that allows us to sleep in a different room to the kids, ideally a 2 bed apartment.
- very close to the beach
- Budget is around £3k

Comments

• stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    So are you asking for someone to do the legwork for you to go and book?

That sort of research takes time and is what people pay a travel agent inflated prices for.

I would start by looking at the popular travel companies and see what they have available. For a family of 4 at the time you are after you should be within budget but whether it meets all your requirements I can't answer sorry.

Maybe AI isn't for you reading your comments, not as if you can stay up all night taking advantage of the booze on offer;)
  • benjus
    benjus Posts: 5,433 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    stevie11 wrote: »
    So are you asking for someone to do the legwork for you to go and book?

That sort of research takes time and is what people pay a travel agent inflated prices for.

Seems a bit harsh - I don't see how this question is any worse than most of the questions on here asking for recommendations.

OP - how long do you want to get away for your £3k budget? Are you willing to consider other destinations? You say you want to avoid British mass tourism yet you've mentioned some of the biggest destinations for British mass tourism.
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
  • stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    My apologies to the OP if it came over that way. Its just that I know how long it takes to research these things. I am currently on my first AI in Morroco and it took me a while to research and get the best deal for me. I could have easily gone to a travel agent and asked all the questions and let them book the same holiday for about £100 more each. Apart from the money saving aspect I like to plan and book holidays myself. I have often been told by friends that I should charge for my time for arranging holidays and flights for them.

The OP is asking for more info and specifics than solely if anyone can recommend an AI in Spain for £3k. As stated in my first post I suggest he searches various holiday web sites then go from there. Once the options are narrowed down then I would say more people on here would be able to help with specific details.
  • davidso
    davidso Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, sorry if it came across like I was asking you to do all the work for me. Wrote that post late at night after searching all the holiday company websites - Tui etc - and had all those parameters at the front of my mind.

To add another (!) we're looking for just a week.

We don't want to fly too far so Spain/Balearics seemed like the best place. Really, I'd like a personal recommendation for an AI place in one of those locations; good food essential and not feeling like part of massive crowd a plus. Any ideas?
  • alwaysskint96
    Options
    Look at playa mar in pto pollensa.
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    Options
    I would question the need for AI - half board would be fine, unless the included alcohol is a must part of the deal.

You don't need to do any cooking - only time you need to prepare food is lunchtime, and a visit to the local supermarmaket for bread, cheese, ham and fruit etc. will let you do snacks in the room.

We've been doing that for several years now.

As for hotel recommendations - there are literally hundreds if you trawl the internet for TUI, Thomas Cook and Jet2 - the latter are particularly good IMO, especially where their resort check in service is available, it's really hassle free when you have kids in tow.
  • ibizafan_2
    ibizafan_2 Posts: 920 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The Sensatori in Cala Tarida Ibiza might be worth a look. However, quality of food is pretty subjective going by reviews of any hotel. Another hotel in Ibiza which is popular with families is the Holiday Village in Port d’es Torrent. There are also plenty of three star all inclusive family hotels in Ibiza such as the Miami or Ereso in Es Cana where people say the food is good. Personally I think AI is good with children for drinks alone which can soon mount up in price especially in the hotter months. Being AI doesn’t mean you can’t go on outings or meals out unless you are severely budget restricted.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 March 2018 at 1:54PM
    Options
    No AI anywhere has really good food, better than average and bordering on good but not really good, there is just not enough money to do really good.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Coolhandluke
    Options
    davidso wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking for recommendations for an All Inclusive holiday in Spain/Balearics. I've never been to an AI and would normally go self-catering in the Med and as far away as possible from other Brits and All Day Breakfasts. However, we now have a 4 year old and 1 year old and want to go to a family friendly hotel and not have to do any cooking.

Bearing in mind the phrases 'Family Friendly' and 'All Inclusive' make me want to vomit into my copy of the Guardian could anyone recommend any 'Family Friendly' and 'All Inclusive' hotels on the Costa Del Sol/Majorca/Menorca/Ibiza?

more info:
    - the food must be REALLY GOOD.
    - we're going end of Jun just before school hols
    - we want accommodation that allows us to sleep in a different room to the kids, ideally a 2 bed apartment.
    - very close to the beach
    - Budget is around £3k

Check out Occidental in Punta Prima Menorca .
  • takethemon
    takethemon Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    There is at least one personal travel agent who has there own page on these forums
    They may have already made contact.
    If not pm me and I will give you the details.
    On that page people write their requirements and the replies are there for all to see.
    I asked could be beat a package that I was going to book. I only saved £20 but it is better in my pocket.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure