Capital One Card Conflict advice please

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
23 replies 2.8K views

Replies

• PynchonPynchon Forumite
    12 Posts
    Thanks Robby,

There was no box to tick re: transfer.. you either fill it in or you don't.

Shockingly the application form is broken on chrome for people not wanting to transfer at 3%

On Edge it works although not without the slight error such as when using keyboard with data selectors.. eg: tap down key to select your year in the DOB field and it instantly flags up a big modal error box filling the screen telling you that you are underage and your application will be cancelled. Ridiculously bad web design team for such a highly regulated financial product. Fit's with the ridiculous 14 day period to know if I'm accepted though ;)

Wow, live and learn/
  • SnowTigerSnowTiger Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pynchon wrote: »
    Shockingly the application form is broken on chrome for people not wanting to transfer at 3%

If the form really was 'broken' at 11.30pm Friday night, it's not very shocking that it's still 'broken' 100 minutes later in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Applying for credit at night and/or at weekends is a risky business if you're expecting immediate gratification. Those are times when systems are down for maintenance or most staff are enjoying some free time.

'Within 14 days' doesn't mean 14 days. It means within 14 days. It could be 100 minutes, a few hours, a few days or 14 days.

They probably won't be able to let you know if you've been accepted until at least Monday.

Capital One is pretty good at standing behind its 100% guarantee. Even if that leads to a £200 limit.
  • It's nice how the OP attacks others on here, given they are speaking to themselves on the other account they are running.

I've flagged both accounts, and the OPs rude behaviour to admin.
  • Robby, do not tell me not to post either.

Just because you do not know what I am referring to, doesn't mean others whom are more proactive here won't.

School holidays started early I think...
  • edited 24 March 2018 at 4:45AM
    PynchonPynchon Forumite
    12 Posts
    edited 24 March 2018 at 4:45AM
    SnowTiger wrote: »
    If the form really was 'broken' at 11.30pm Friday night, it's not very shocking that it's still 'broken' 100 minutes later in the early hours of Saturday morning.

You misunderstood. Reading comprehension mistake on your part.

In 'the early hours of sunday morning' [or 1:12 am to anyone else] I replied to robby who was being helpful regarding suggesting reasons the web form's was erroring before he knew it was the form's failure to handle google chrome [browsers interpret code differently and it's the responsibility of experienced coders to provide cross platform / browser code]. I simply replied to robby that this was the case and that it's shocking that that situation should exist, as should be clear to 99% of competent readers who read that post. Unlike your fabricated version of events, I did not in any way or form say that it was "shocking that it is still broken after 100 minutes" ... Conversely that's an absurd figment of your imagination / poor reading skills combined with [failed] desire to contrive a witty put down. So your criticism was incorrect.

Secondly you use 'broken' in inverted commas as if to imply some kind of sarcasm eg: you had an additional comprehension failure interpreting what broken meant in aforementioned context. It's a programming term, that's very much made it's way into general English language. It means in layman's terms that the code (or program / website) doesn't provide the end-user proper results. Given the repeated failure of the form to accept certain very reasonable input conditions via Chrome then broken it certainly is. Functionality is broken. And FYI speaking with years of programming experience it's certainly shocking that a large financial company dealing with highly sensitive data can hire such evidently incompetent staff, this type of error checking is child's play.. [I mentioned the MS Edge running into the form's schoolboy errors too].
    Applying for credit at night and/or at weekends is a risky business if you're expecting immediate gratification. Those are times when systems are down for maintenance or most staff are enjoying some free time.

Again you miss the point completely.

If it is stated upfront, 'at the point of sale' (so to speak) that if I 'apply for a credit card, which may well reduce my credit score' an answer will be given in 60 seconds then 60 seconds it should be, ie: that applies on Friday, Saturday, 1am, 1pm it doesn't matter. If it said "60 seconds 9 til 5 but only when th' blue moone riseth o'er th' hill o'4 cowes and donkeyeth doth stand on 'is 3 hoofs.." etc then yes you may have a point that it's within those parameters.. but no, it didn't. 60 seconds is 60 seconds whatever the day of the week.

If it said "apply now, get an answer within 14 days" [as is literally the case given the now known parameters] then I would have applied elsewhere first. Therefore: Misleading. Poor. Hence why I alerted people to the effect of if you want a quick answer, this might not be the best process, and maybe try elsewhere'. When I apply for the Tesco card if they give me the same runaround I'll eat my words, and the coffees are on me.

And even if we omit the 60 seconds claim, or if we even say 'response in 60 seconds' doesn't in anyway reply an answer [yeah right], and we accept that it's 'up to 14 days'.. then still(!) 14 days gives the customer very little to work on, like a bad builder "yea, maybe I'll pop the roof on tomorrow, maybe I'll think about it in 14 days and let you know..". Bad.

My Experian rating is a dozen points below perfect (I signed up and checked after my application to see if I could get away with an emergency second credit card application with Tesco who may give me a get out of jail card here) so I will apply now.. My money is on Tesco completely wiping the floor with this one and leaving C1 dragging it's feet in it's 14 day limbo.. Tesco @15 months 0% too, win win. If Tesco say 'we'll probably get back to you sometime, maybe 14 days" I'll eat my hat. :D
  • PynchonPynchon Forumite
    12 Posts
    Wizardy18 wrote: »
    Robby, do not tell me not to post either.

Just because you do not know what I am referring to, doesn't mean others whom are more proactive here won't.

All you've done is trolled this thread 100% 4 posts on a short thread, and none of them on topic, all of them trying to start some fire with your troublemaking, and I've checked your other threads, you have a habit of getting on peoples nerves and trolling peoples posts.

If you've got nothing progressive to contribute to serious threads then stay off them. Further, you are wasting staff time by abusing the report system.. You've made official reports for 2 users on this thread and all you've done is troll the entire time saying nothing to help the topic. Awful behavior. You would be banned as a clear cut troll on many forums.

This is a thread about credit cards!! Not a game of causing trouble, report, cause more trouble, report.. on a credit card thread? And the other threads in your history? All this "andy" stuff? Mocking and upsetting people? Sort your life out!

Can someone ban him from credit threads?

---
    Back on topic

I'll update on the Tesco / Capital one situation, it will be a good product comparison test to see which has the best service :beer:
    4.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    You misunderstood. Reading comprehension mistake on your part.

In 'the early hours of sunday morning' [or 1:12 am to anyone else] I replied to robby...

It's not a situation I would refer to as 'shocking'.

The message you posted in ''the early hours of sunday morning' [or 1:12 am to anyone else]' appears to have been deleted before it was posted.
    Secondly you use 'broken' in inverted commas as if to imply some kind of sarcasm eg: you had an additional comprehension failure interpreting what broken meant in aforementioned context.

It's called quoting.
    My Experian rating is a dozen points below perfect (I signed up...

:rotfl:
    4.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wizardy18 wrote: »

Possible. Or someone who might find this page useful.
  • edited 24 March 2018 at 5:40AM
    PynchonPynchon Forumite
    12 Posts
    edited 24 March 2018 at 5:40AM
    SnowTiger wrote: »
    It's not a situation I would refer to as 'shocking'.

The message you posted in ''the early hours of sunday morning' [or 1:12 am to anyone else]' appears to have been deleted before it was posted.

It's called quoting.

:rotfl:

Wow, troll city.. and what, pray tell are you constructively adding to this topic? Oh nothing. You have a few posts under your belt and think you have licence to troll the threads attempting failed putdowns and mock laughing.

deleted before it was posted

Time travel? Are you drunk posting absolute nonsense on random threads? What post was deleted, this makes no sense, I checked the thread and all the posts are there clear as day? Have the aliens abducted you again? Never mind lets leave this random nonsense to another thread.. let's stick to credit cards shall we.. like in the title of the thread?

It's called quoting

I refer you to my above post exposing where your "quotes" repeatedly missed the point and your attempted and non-constructive criticisms fell, embarrassingly, flat. Nevermind.

The fact that you wouldn't refer to something you don't understand as 'shocking' isn't news to anyone. Maybe start your own topic about what you do and don't properly comprehend or find shocking.

And you are mocking the fact that I have a good credit score? Wow what a great character you are. Experian may not be the be-all-an-and-all of credit rating but after looking at what I'm recommended I'm damn confident that I'll have either a C1 or Tesco credit card before long.. and given that getting the Tesco card was the precise and obvious context of that experian remark (that you quoted out of context) when I get one of these card you'll be eating humble pie.

Laugh on, laugh on, it will mask the tears inside my dear friend.

---
    Now please.. Let's stick to the Capitol One Credit cards, and possibly branching to comparative credit cards.

This is moneysavingeexpert not threadtrollingexpert. Threads full of trolling and infighting don't do the site image any good. People looking at this thread from google or the site search or whatever will want to read about signing up to credit cards. If they think this is just a site of people desperately trying to score points randomly trolling credit threads then it detracts from the site being a dot com that new browsers will want to view again. Bad. Rules about staying on topic are there for a reason. Credit cards people.
    4.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, troll city.. and what, pray tell are you constructively adding to this topic? Oh nothing. You have a few posts under your belt and think you have licence to troll the threads attempting failed putdowns and mock laughing.

"It's called quoting"

I was simply explaining why I put the word 'broken' in 'inverted commas', which are more commonly known as quotation marks.
    The fact that you wouldn't refer to something you don't understand as 'shocking' isn't news to anyone. Maybe start your own topic about what you do and don't properly comprehend or find shocking.

A website didn't display in your web browser as you expected. That's not 'shocking'.
    And you are mocking the fact that I have a good credit score? Wow what a great character you are. Experian may not be the be-all-an-and-all of credit rating...

I found it amusing that you were boasting about something that is pretty meaningless. I guess you haven't read the Credit rating facts and myths 'sticky' thread.

Capital One doesn't give two hoots about your Experian credit score.

This is what Experian says about their score:
    A “good” credit score depends on the scoring system used by your particular lender – there’s no one credit score or magic number – different lenders score differently.

[...]

When you make an application for a loan, credit card, mortgage or other type of credit, lenders work out a credit score for you...

[...]

They’ll look at your credit history, which is based on your credit report and will show things like if you have a mortgage, how much you owe on credit cards and if you’ve missed payments in the past.

They do this so they can decide for themselves if they think you’ll be a responsible borrower, and likely to repay what you owe them.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals