Settlements - how much should I ask for?

Options

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    He said I kept asking about a matter in his personal life and that wasn!!!8217;t the case. We have talked about it but he spoke really openly about it, I certainly don!!!8217;t have an unhealthy interest in it.

He also changed a conversation we had to sound like it was a really sexual and sleazy conversation and it wasn!!!8217;t even a sexual one. I!!!8217;m not if he!!!8217;s misunderstood what I was saying or if it was deliberate.

This was a 1 on 1 convo I had with one guy in particular
    I think the problem with this is it's your word against his. Ideally try to avoid any personal conversations at work
  • bonnielass18
    Options
    But they have taken his word as the truth, not investigated the matter or even spoke to me about it. So they have taken his word as fact and then disciplined me for it.

And if it was something he was not comfortable speaking about then why speak about it? Or why not even say “can we change the subject” or something to that effect?
  • Comms69
    Options
    But they have taken his word as the truth, not investigated the matter or even spoke to me about it. So they have taken his word as fact and then disciplined me for it.

And if it was something he was not comfortable speaking about then why speak about it? Or why not even say “can we change the subject” or something to that effect?

'Victims charter' mentality - I suspect atleast.

The problem with any claims of sexual harassment is that it is taken as gospel these days.
  • bonnielass18
    Options
    What is that?

And surely they still should investigate? There has been nothing remotely fair about what happened here. The guys are so close knit that whatever they say goes, no one has bothered speaking to me about anything. And even when the warning did land in my inbox, they were looking to speak to me as a group to understand how to help me improve my behaviour
  • Comms69
    Options
    What is that?

And surely they still should investigate? There has been nothing remotely fair about what happened here. The guys are so close knit that whatever they say goes, no one has bothered speaking to me about anything. And even when the warning did land in my inbox, they were looking to speak to me as a group to understand how to help me improve my behaviour

In essence it's part of a much wider campaign by authorities - e.g. the police - who say 'come talk to us, we will always believe you (the victim) if you report sexual violence'

- Basically it's authorities picking sides, not conducting impartial investigations. This has more recently become normal in employment investigations (thanks #MeToo !) and nowadays if there is report of sexual misconduct, it's very difficult to 'win'.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Options
    It is revolting there is more than one employer like undercoverirish out there. Where do they find these dinosaurs?
  • bonnielass18
    Options
    Just seems very unfair.
  • bonnielass18
    Options
    I got bored trying to read that thread.

I work for a bigger company!! A plc!
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Options
    Then surely they must have policies in place?
  • bonnielass18
    Options
    They don!!!8217;t have a thing. I requested their disciplinary procedure as soon as I received the warning and they directed me to the gov.uk website
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure