Tesco cafe 'free drink' promotion

Options

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Saves us £4.50. The superstore is actually our 'corner shop', 10 minutes stroll there to get our newspaper, the cafe isn't inside the store but opposite inside the complex.

We stop for coffee either in Tesco cafe, Starbucks, Costa, Cafe Nero or M&S cafe - all 5 are there. Who wants to spend their life tearing about like a blue ar sed fly. Chill out, stroll home, plenty of time. Nice walk far nicer than sitting at home boiling a kettle.

Yes, I asked where the leaflets were, told "we hand them out", but unable to actually "hand any out"!
    I prefer to do my shopping and leave the store.
    I use my local Tesco for buying stuff, it sounds like you use yours for drinking coffee.
    I don't find any supermarket a particularly nice environment to sit and relax and 'chill out'.
    And of course, if you've got frozen food it's pretty silly to hang around for a coffee - free or not.

But then again, I'm not one of those people who pay extortionate amounts for a fancy coffee and a piece of cake.
    Not everyone has a range of coffee shops within a 10 minute stroll.
  • Autumnella
    Autumnella Posts: 605 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    This does not surprise me at all. Tesco staff are keeping items on a really good promotion for themselves.
    Make £10 per day-
    June: £100/£300
  • SevenOfNine
    SevenOfNine Posts: 2,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    But then again, I'm not one of those people who pay extortionate amounts for a fancy coffee and a piece of cake.

No, I imagine you're not :rotfl::rotfl:
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
  • need_an_answer
    need_an_answer Posts: 2,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 March 2018 at 4:18PM
    Options
    I was in my local large T last weekend and was given a voucher for a free drink as I went in to do my shopping.

I had a lovely white chocolate with cream and marshmallows.The staff couldn't have been friendlier or more obliging.
    I've never used the caf! before as its upstairs and a little out of the way and probably wouldn't spend £2.90 on a drink again,but it was a nice one off.

Guess it just goes to show how things can differ from store to store.
    The vouchers being given out were valid until 27/3
    in S 38 T 2 F 50
    out S 36 T 9 F 24 FF 4

2017-32 2018 -33 2019 -21 2020 -5 2021 -4 2022
  • Pollycat
    Options
    No, I imagine you're not :rotfl::rotfl:
    Quite.

Nor am I the type of person who haunts a supermarket looking for a free coffee.
    Or who sits watching someone who has a bunch of leaflets but isn't giving them out to customers.
    Or who Facebooks the company to complain when I can't get as many as I'd like.
    And complains on a public forum.
    :whistle:
  • SevenOfNine
    SevenOfNine Posts: 2,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    In excess of NINETEEN THOUSAND posts Pollycat :eek::eek: Goodness, I think I know what I'd rather be doing! :coffee::coffee::coffee:
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
  • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    Options
    In excess of NINETEEN THOUSAND posts Pollycat :eek::eek: Goodness, I think I know what I'd rather be doing! :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Sitting in the beautiful surroundings of a Tesco cafe drinking cheap instant coffee, I presume.
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 March 2018 at 7:44PM
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I don't find any supermarket a particularly nice environment to sit and relax and 'chill out'.
    And of course, if you've got frozen food it's pretty silly to hang around for a coffee - free or not.

I must say my local Waitrose put a cafe area in during a refit a couple of years back and it's very pleasant place to have a coffee (free with your Waitrose card) in for 10-20 minutes. They have an outside area, too, but that's next to the car park so not quite as attractive!

I tend to find that the extra time doesn't adversely effect my frozen food over much.
  • Pollycat
    Options

Yes.
    But you're too busy trying to bum free coffee from a supermarket...:whistle:
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I treated myself to breakfast in Morrisons this morning it was a very grim place to spend my time.

It reminded me of the first Star Wars film - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Breakfast was ok though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport