PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 23rd March 2018

Options
nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 23 March 2018 at 7:39AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Friday 23rd March 2018

This is an !!!8220;over the garden fence!!!8221; type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It!!!8217;s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we!!!8217;re going to do today or what we!!!8217;ve achieved already. Everyone!!!8217;s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn!!!8217;t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don!!!8217;t post large pictures, or clip art !!!8211; links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don!!!8217;t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that need/want one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Now light, dry underfoot but very blustery, air doesn't feel so cold.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Dinner last night was roast chicken pieces, jacket potato, salad and mini corn on the cobs, lemon cheesecake or choc trifle for dessert. Tonight not sure what we're having as DH and myself are going to a reunion thing - not really sure what's happening as DH has made arrangements. Boys are having pizza and chips.

Yesterday I was again more productive than I have been of late, I got the housework done, not a deep clean again, but doing it each week is making it better and better. Washing was done x 2 loads, I pegged out again and although not completely dry - enough to then put on the airer overnight, that's the 3rd day I've pegged washing out this week. Dirty wash basket is nearly empty, but I want to wash all the towels today and then have the WM empty ready for the work clothes.

I took my car to the car wash - not very O/S but they did a fab job inside and out, I couldn't do it that well at home so for me although not O/S money well spent.

Our bed was stripped, bed linen washed and dried, clean bed linen put on. Boys to strip their beds today/tomorrow.

Work for me tomorrow so want to get the ironing done today.

I'll be heading to the SM first thing.

Engineer supposed to be coming back this afternoon to sort out fridge freezer, we'll see how it goes.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks NMLC. We've had o/n rain but now snippets of blue sky emerging and the promise of a bit of sun. Wonder what weather will win?

Yesterday went as well as it could do. Girls to school on time, all buses/trains caught on time and Oncology Clinic not running too behind. Mr TA's injection ready and waiting, just as it should be. Which all added up to me having a bit of time to wander round the market as hoped. I love Leeds market, I really do and wish we had one just like it! I got an assortment of f & v at bargainous prices (remembering not to get TOO much as it is all to carry home!) and some little gifts for my birthday/Christmas present stash.

We are back again to Leeds tomorrow (yes on a Saturday!) for yet another appointment at yet another different hospital. This time Chapel Allerton but I have sussed out the buses from Leeds station so hopefully we will find it ok. The bonus is it's in the afternoon and no DGDs to sort out first!

Being that day again I have the dubious pleasure of the Friday Tidy today. It will all be undone this afternoon though as we have the DGDs to pick up from school as DD on a late shift. Youngest has put in a request for Shepherds Pie, carrots and peas for tea so that is what they will get. (Only two of them as middle DGD (our "Margot") is off back up to Darlington for the w/e rehearsals.) DD's lovely bf is coming to collect them when he finishes work and take them down home.

Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) for all in need. RR have you had your blood results yet? Or a possible diagnosis of how you are feeling. NELSKI the update on HOLLY doesn't sound promising. That hospital doesn't seem to be doing a lot for her as far as I can make out.

Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,031 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning from a rainy Glasgow.

Trip down yesterday was lovely apart from the umpteen roadworks. Mind you, the one on the Rest And Be Thankful was a great chance to enjoy the beautiful view right down into the deep valley. In the valley is the old military road dating from after after the Jacobite rebellion in 1745. It’s now used as the emergency road when the high road is closed.

This morning I’m going to the bank first thing to deposit the cash DM got from the sale of her car. Then we’ve got the appointment about Attendance Allowance. After that, who knows!

DM’s cleaner sprayed some kind of polish or room smelly stuff around yesterday so my throat is now thick. I’m so sensitive to that kind of rubbish. I’ll be gargling with salt water soon.

I hope everyone is doing well or getting better. Happy Friday.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    edited 23 March 2018 at 8:11AM
    Options
    Morning all and it looks as though it will be a dry day fingers crossed.

I have lots to do, a sort of Friday Tidy Plus. I also have some work that I've brought home, I think that can wait because this place is not clean and that upsets my soul.

Some of what I do at work depends on other people doing their job too and at present I'm struggling with this aspect. I tend to plan so that i can meet deadlines and it is frustrating when that falls apart. Sorry, rant over.

Toast first I think, then I'll start getting on and keeping on.

Sorry to hear that Holly is struggling, and I hope things will feel better for her soon.

My mum should be back from her holiday today so I'll ring her later. I really hope she enjoyed it and that the hotel was to her liking, because otherwise I'm going to be hearing about that in great detail for months. I looked the place up on tripe advisor and most reviews were positive, with a few negatives, it seems that some specific rooms may not be up to standard. One complaint was about being close to the industrial fan thing from the kitchens. I've experienced this a couple of times when travelling for work but managed to sleep so although possibly not ideal, I'm not sure it deserved the poor review given.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • ScarletRibbons
    ScarletRibbons Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Options
    Morning. It's raining here, don't know what the temp is. Yesterday was a lovely sunny, breezy day., I wish I'd left some washing out when we went to DD's.

We still haven't finished that blessed banister - today will be the day DH reckons. He can sand the remaining bits off. It's not just the stripping itself, it's the cleaning up after, washing it all down, then getting the mess up. I think it's karma - we must have done something wicked in a past life and we are being punished now!!

I'm getting a bit lost off at home with being out so much, but will try and catch up at the weekend.
    This evening I'll be visiting a friend for the usual Friday evening natter, armed with a bottle of wine.

Glad your day went reasonably well TA, and you got your look round the market.
    We used to have a nice market here, but it's sadly diminished. The then council refurbed the old market place, made it all posh, and the traders had to pay more for using it, and a lot of them stopped coming. Now we have a posh market place with a few traders rattling around on a Friday. The best day is Saturday when the fleamarket is on.

Better get on, and tidy up a bit. Hugs to all that need them, especially Holly.
    Take care folks.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Dry and bright here in East Anglia, am off into Cambridge soon for a much needed hair cut, my hair seems to be getting thicker as I get older and grows out rather than down!
    Other than that the house could do with a whizz through and the bed & towels need changing, usual stuff.
    Thanks for the update on Holly Nelski how cruel that after doing all this against her will the hospital seem to have offered her very little help :mad:
    Right, time to get going, have a good Friday folks x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one, especially Holly. I know she is now a voluntary patient but even so they do not seem to be doing a lot for her, the staff admit she is not really in the right place, I really hope things get sorted out and she can get home.

Its a dull morning, looks like rain, my quilting friend rang and asked if we were going to the garden centre, so it looks like we are.

We ended up having cheese and biscuits last night, we had so much cake at our friends, the spuds I will use tonight with the fish and we will have the sausage tomorrow.

My combi micro is coming back tomorrow, they will ring me and let me know what time they will be here. I have missed it. I use it such a lot.

I have to get myself in the mind set to do a huge declutter, I want to sell the dresser in the sitting room, so the stuff thats on it and in it needs sorting and rehoming, the cutlery that in the drawer is the thing thats causing me the most headaches just now, its silver and we always use it for supper, we use what I call the kitchen cutlery for breakfast and lunch. I have no empty drawers in the kitchen it can go in, and I do not want to have to trapse into the hall to get it out of the drawers there. Arrghhhh........

Fish, mash, peas and mustard sauce for supper the last of the strawberries in jelly for dessert.
  • mehefin
    mehefin Posts: 628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all
    Well I think I may have won the battle with Bruisemare and the stable door...Hooray for Bodgit and Scarper. Wiped all the surfaces down with some dilute Dettol and she wont go near it.
    Riley cat was a dirty stop out last night. Looking very bleary eyed this morning. At least Brave Sir Robin ( who is living dangerously nicking Riley cat's biscuits) is till about. It may be Brave Lady Robin though as I can't get near enough to see her plumage clearly. Hope she isn't going to nest somewhere awkward.
    Went to Trustees meeting for our local community library last night. Trying to plan something for the summer. Had an amazing official opening last April 1st with all loads of dignitaries and 5 authors doing book readings. Our 2 AM's, MP and others all in the same place at once. Interesting to say the least as they jockeyed for position to speak..

Nothing else of interest so I'll buzz off
    Hugs and spoons to those in need

Mehefin
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Bright sunny day here again I have not done any washing as they can all do there own, dd and boyf are off on holiday in the early hours so they wont have any till they get back.

Off to meet a couple of old friends for lunch today which will be lovely, I just don't get chance to see them much as I always seem to be working, so I am really looking forward to it, this afternoon I shall be in need of a nap so that's what I shall do !

TA Ive not even had the blood tests yet ! our Dr is a nightmare to get into and I have had to wait two weeks for the tests, and then another two weeks after to see the Dr for the results, so I am back at work for a week before even seeing the Dr, I am going to leave it till mid week next week and see how I feel and go from there re work. xx

Probably a takeaway tonight I have cooked all week but have no energy tonight, may have a wine or two as well but will see how tired I am.

Take care everyone and have good days xx
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning lovelies :wave:

Woke up just before 7 ready to leap out of bed and start the day....then suddenly the phone was ringing and it was 8.30 :eek: what happened there then .....anyway must have needed it I guess. So had dippy eggs for breaky and done a couple of worky things. Do need to do a half Friday Tidy ...downstairs then upstairs tomorrow. got a rare next vip slot last night so spent a few hours virtually shopping ...was very well behaved though only spent £50 and that includes 2 of the same jeans different sizes as next can be a bit peculiar sizing on me so one of them will be going back

Pizza for dinner tonight as fancied a lazy one which may well be the theme of the day.

nanny hope dinner with dad went OK last night :)
    TA you need to be renamed the Whirling Derlish hope you get some chill time this weekend
    Jackiemum lovely of you to help your family with the painting but get off that step ladder :eek: mind you saying that my hall stairs and landing needs papering so if you could fit me in.......
    redrubyenjoy your takeaway and hope your doc signs you off and insists you rest up
    csarinayoure right about Holly's care its been a farce from start to finish...no news today but I really hope she sticks with it for a week or so and not just stop the meds

have a great day all :A
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mehefin wrote: »
    Morning all
    Well I think I may have won the battle with Bruisemare and the stable door...Hooray for Bodgit and Scarper. Wiped all the surfaces down with some dilute Dettol and she wont go near it.
    Riley cat was a dirty stop out last night. Looking very bleary eyed this morning.

Mehefin

Naughty Neddy,

Morning all,

Just catching up on your news so a quick visit. Glad to hear that Holly isn't sectioned now. Sending her my love.

Not quite beach weather here and very cold but am still finding stuff to do. Caught Adonis shadow boxing this morning...almost the mornings entertainment but watching Grump cook his own breakfast just nailed it for me.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family