🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Is The Cheap Energy Club a joke or real?

Options
Revoraman
Revoraman Posts: 30 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I ask here, is the MSE's so-called Cheap Energy Club a joke or does it really exist?

Over 10 days ago, I joined them, after reading a weekly MSE emailed newsletter, and subsequently posted an emailed question to the Club, but it appears after still awaiting a response, that no one seems bothered at the Cheap Energy Club, to respond.

Comments

• CashStrapped
    CashStrapped Posts: 1,294 Forumite
    Options
    What was the question?

Did you get the automated response? This would confirm they actually received the email, pending a personal reply.
  • Former_MSE_Laura_B
    Options
    Hi Revoraman,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't receive a reply to your email. We aim to respond to all of our users within 2 working days, so this sounds a little unusual. We think we may have had an intermittent technical issue with some of our replies not sending.

Did you email us on energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com? Could you send us another email and put 'MSE Laura - forum' in the subject line, and I'll keep an eye out for this for you.

Thanks,
    MSE Laura
  • halogen
    halogen Posts: 426 Forumite
    Options
    I tried to joined but failed at the 1st hurdle when the compare deals search kept crashing for me.
  • oldwiring
    oldwiring Posts: 2,452 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Real or a joke? Well, it could be a real joke!:grin:
  • Revoraman
    Options
    What was the question?

Did you get the automated response? This would confirm they actually received the email, pending a personal reply.
    No, that's what was so baffling. Not a word, which made me wonder what was the point of joining a so-called CheapEnergyClub that cannot be bothered to answer a new members questions.
  • Revoraman
    Options
    MSE_Laura wrote: »
    Hi Revoraman,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't receive a reply to your email. We aim to respond to all of our users within 2 working days, so this sounds a little unusual. We think we may have had an intermittent technical issue with some of our replies not sending.

Did you email us on [EMAIL="energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com"]energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL]? Could you send us another email and put 'MSE Laura - forum' in the subject line, and I'll keep an eye out for this for you.

Thanks,
    MSE Laura
    Thanks MSE Laura. I replied to the welcome email address exactly as it was, as I did not see any other link or email address to send to. And that was on 13th March. To date, zilch!

Will do as suggested by you. Thanks again.
  • Revoraman
    Options
    To MSE Laura

Tried to reply to your email, but guess what? It got bounced back. Why? Have you tried to post a reply in your Cheap Energy Club emails in the place where it states 'If replying please write your comments above this line.', because that itself is a farce as it is impossible to even type a full stop above that line!!

So, how do I reply to your email?
  • Former_MSE_Laura_B
    Options
    Revoraman wrote: »
    To MSE Laura

Tried to reply to your email, but guess what? It got bounced back. Why? Have you tried to post a reply in your Cheap Energy Club emails in the place where it states 'If replying please write your comments above this line.', because that itself is a farce as it is impossible to even type a full stop above that line!!

So, how do I reply to your email?

Hi Revoraman,

I've just checked and it looks as though your reply has come through to me. Sent yesterday afternoon?
  • Revoraman
    Options
    Hi MSE Laura. Glad to read your post that you indeed received my reply email. Receiving the very same email I sent you bounced back seemed rather odd to me.
  • Revoraman
    Options
    Hi MSE Laura

Sent you another email, but that email address--'cheapenergyclub'---has no indication whether you did or did not receive an email. Please advise.

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family