Pockit pre-pay card inactivity fee

2»

Comments

• remnize
    remnize Posts: 5 Forumite
    Anthorn wrote: »
    Not exactly: All any existing customer or future customer needs to do if they cannot read and/or understand the terms clearly displayed on the Pockit website is access the fees table as well as the terms attached to it similarly clearly displayed on the Pockit home page:
    If Pockit fail to give 2 months prior written notice by email as required by their own terms and conditions then clearly they would not be not treating customers fairly.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I for one did not get an email and yes Anthorn I can read thanks.
  • remnize
    remnize Posts: 5 Forumite
    Apparently Pockit was not able to send notice of change to their terms and conditions if you were not opted-in to receive their marketing emails!
  • After reading discovering the inactivity charges and a message that soon you will have to pay for having this card, I want to cancel this card. But looking for two days how to cancel this Pockit ripping card, I cannot find it.

Now, how do you cancel it?
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,039 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    erik.rens wrote: »
    After reading discovering the inactivity charges and a message that soon you will have to pay for having this card, I want to cancel this card. But looking for two days how to cancel this Pockit ripping card, I cannot find it.

Now, how do you cancel it?

If you read the previous posts on this thread, it explains exactly how to close the card. Please see my own post, no. 6, from 22/3/18.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just to note that the inactivity fee is a monthly fee if inactivity continues into the next month. i.e. inactive for 6 months on 2 January 99p fee; still inactive on 2 February another inactivity fee and so on monthly until the card is again active or closed.

On transfers out, the transfer page states,
    Your first transfer is FREE, and each transfer is just 99p after that.
    but the first isn't free, it's still charged at 99p and then you have to contact support and complain about it and get your 99p back. Overall if you are transferring out before closing the card you might as well just write off the 99p to experience.
  • andyt8
    andyt8 Posts: 113 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 March 2019 at 2:36PM
    Commenting on an earlier post: As I understand it the GDPR regs do not ban Pockit from sending out emails directly concerned with the business you have joined - ie increase in charges. Pockit should just not send marketing emails unless you have signed up to them.

Plus from March 2019 as I read it they will be charging everyone a 99p monthly fee. Will see if mine has been debited at end of month and then make a decision on staying/leaving.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure