IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

MIL collections CCJ

Options

Comments

• Bambi82
    Bambi82 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    I certainly will be attending, they have asked the court to be minded for a hearing if the set aside is agreed.?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You should also check out that MIL Truro case. There will be a few items in their you can use.

Someone will have the link.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,019 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Not me, for obvious reasons. There is a clear line I draw.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Bambi82
    Options
    Well it took about 5 minutes at the hearing! The CCJ was set aside with the set aside costs being refunded to me.

MIL didn't show so it was over in minutes! But the judge said they could re apply to the courts if they wanted? the judge wasn't interested in anything else other than the set aside of the CCJ.

Thanks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,402 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Well done, excellent result for you. It's a pity none of these cases finally nail MIL to the wall.
    But the judge said they could re apply to the courts if they wanted?
    I doubt they'll be back for more, but you know where we are if needed.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Bambi82
    Options
    Thanks UmKomaas, everybody has been such a big help on here!

many thanks
  • Bambi82
    Options
    I still have not heard anything from the courts or MIL collections? And i still have the CCJ on my credit file, MIL collections had 21 days to refund me the set aside costs and that has just passed. Does it take a while to to remove the CCJ? I am going to ring the court on monday but thought i would ask here first to see how long it usually takes.

thanks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,402 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Quentin is well versed on the CCJ front and hopefully he'll be along sometime this weekend. It is my understanding though (from reading past inputs here) that it can take around a month for the rating agencies to update their records.

I'm sure Q will advise in due course.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Bambi82 wrote: »
    MIL collections had 21 days to refund me the set aside costs and that has just passed.

thanks

If MIL do not pay you, for a recoverable fee, you can
    request the courts to send bailiffs to MIL to collect the debt
  • Bambi82
    Options
    Sending the Bailiffs sounds great to me!! wouldn't that be poetic:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing