Help!! False Witness? not at scene

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
2 replies 681 views
George818818George818818 Forumite
1 Post
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
Hello,

So i recently got in a car accident. A car tried to cut 2 lanes in order to avoid traffic being caused by an over turned vehicle ahead of him.
based of my damages and report i was not found at fault/ my insurance was not accepting Liability.

I called his insurance today and i find out, that now there is a random witness(tow truck driver).who puts me at fault

at the time of the accident on the freeway i originally got of looked around and made sure no one else had hit our cars.. AKA scoped the scene don't think i saw any tow trucks.

After this we pulled of to the nearest exit to a small pizza hut parking lot...

we exchanged information and waited for one of his friends to come for about 40 minutes... again no witnesses showed up/ tow trucks where at the scene..

and we left on our ways.

now... how do i prove there was no witnesses or what is my insurance going to do about this now?
i never saw this "witness" for the 40 minutes we where there?

other than his riend who showed up towards the end?

what do i do?

i have liability only.

-cheers:beer:

Replies

• edited 16 March 2018 at 9:17PM
    DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 16 March 2018 at 9:17PM
    Hello,

So i recently got in a car accident. A car tried to cut 2 lanes in order to avoid traffic being caused by an over turned vehicle ahead of him.
    based of my damages and report i was not found at fault/ my insurance was not accepting Liability.

I called his insurance today and i find out, that now there is a random witness(tow truck driver).who puts me at fault

at the time of the accident on the freeway i originally got of looked around and made sure no one else had hit our cars.. AKA scoped the scene don't think i saw any tow trucks.

After this we pulled of to the nearest exit to a small pizza hut parking lot...

we exchanged information and waited for one of his friends to come for about 40 minutes... again no witnesses showed up/ tow trucks where at the scene..

and we left on our ways.

now... how do i prove there was no witnesses or what is my insurance going to do about this now?
    i never saw this "witness" for the 40 minutes we where there?

other than his riend who showed up towards the end?

what do i do?

i have liability only.

-cheers:beer:

You talk about a freeway and a parking lot, I'm betting your in America ?

This is a UK forum, not that you cant post here but things might be different in USA.
  • rudekid48rudekid48 Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Liability only? Are you in the USA? This is a UK forum...
    All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Covid test firms form self-regulating body

A bid to tackle poor service concerns

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ quotes & cashback

MSE Guides