»

MSE News: Ryanair doubles seat reservation cost

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: Stay up to date with the latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
Stay updated with our guides: Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights
NEWSFLASH 27/03
MARTINS VIDEO FOR SELF-EMPLOYED * DELAY HOUSE MOVES * EUROSTAR UPDATE

MSE News: Ryanair doubles seat reservation cost

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning
16 replies 2.5K views
MSE_Megan_FMSE_Megan_F Former MSE
418 posts
Newshound!
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning
Ryanair has doubled the cost of reserving a standard seat as it continues its policy of 'randomly' allocating if you don't pay...
Read the full story:
'Ryanair doubles the cost of its cheapest seat reservations'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven!!!8217;t already, join the forum to reply.
Read the latest MSE News
Flag up a news story: [email protected]
Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail

Replies

• Wasn't the £2 charge marked as half price anyway?
  • soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    64.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I am surprised at how little Ryanair charge actually, I've got a few BA fares this year and the price to pre book a seat on their is sky high. From memory I paid £10 each per basic seat, no extra leg room or anything.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • For balance, where is the detail of what other airlines charge?
  • minislimminislim Forumite
    350 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    hahaha! o'leary is a clown! the more he does this the more i steer clear of his dodgy company!
  • soolin wrote: »
    I am surprised at how little Ryanair charge actually, I've got a few BA fares this year and the price to pre book a seat on their is sky high. From memory I paid £10 each per basic seat, no extra leg room or anything.

Of course BA charge nothing if you select your seat 24 hours prior to departure.
  • PasturesNewPasturesNew Forumite
    70.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    If people can't sit on their own for a couple of hours on a flight, should they be leaving the house at all?
  • Kingsd316Kingsd316 Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I just paid £39.50 for 3 people to select my seats with TUI (standard seating, 2 adults 1 child), Flight out and in so that's over £6 per seat.

All the airlines are at it
    :beer:
  • GangaGanga Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    minislim wrote: »
    hahaha! o'leary is a clown! the more he does this the more i steer clear of his dodgy company!

No offence but i doubt if this make his company go bust:rotfl:
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • ZeitgeistZeitgeist Forumite
    309 posts
    You don't book seats, and when you board you say, excuse me, would you mind sitting here so I can sit next to my boyfriend / girlfriend / partner / significant other, and put on a puppy face.

People move.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain
  • edited 14 March 2018 at 6:15PM
    soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    64.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 14 March 2018 at 6:15PM
    If people can't sit on their own for a couple of hours on a flight, should they be leaving the house at all?

Plenty of reasons why people choose to pay to sit together and I find your comment rather odd, I realise I am lucky to be able to afford to choose my seats- but that doesn't mean I would be rude to those who for whatever reason choose not to do so.

I enjoy my holidays and travel a lot and will always book seats as I actually enjoy sitting next to my OH , we can chat or make plans, rather than risk sitting several seats apart and forced to wave at each other.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide