IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

EXCEL Parking charge SCOTLAND Urgent

Options
13»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Ball Ocks as they are known are mainly into debt collection. They don't do court unless paid and Excel don't pay them to do court in Scotland.

Re-read the above.

IamEmanresu knows what he is talking about, from a wealth of experience.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • AJ1234_2
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Re-read the above.

IamEmanresu knows what he is talking about, from a wealth of experience.

Much appreciated thank you all for your help !
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What on earth is "URGENT" about a private ticket in Scotland...?
  • MyLittleKony2012
    Options
    Hello,

I received the same threatening letter from the same solicitors regarding the parking "fine" instructing me to pay or be taken to court. I was not the driver at the time (though registered keeper) and informed the solicitors about this, without naming the driver.

The solicitors have come back requesting name and details and I have not responded. I believe it is up to them to find out who was the driver at that time to enforce this.That is what I could gather from the other threads- You do not need to name the driver, but you only need to prove that you did not commit the "offence".
  • LRM
    LRM Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Can you please update me how you have proceeded.

I have this morning received the same letter from Pollock Fairbridge. I am the registered keeper but was not the driver.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am the registered keeper but was not the driver.

@LRM you should start your own thread and if you did, this would be the reply we'd suggest replacing the name of course
    2zg5ki8.jpg
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,284 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 July 2018 at 4:42PM
    Options
    Hello,

I received the same threatening letter from the same solicitors regarding the parking "fine" instructing me to pay or be taken to court. I was not the driver at the time (though registered keeper) and informed the solicitors about this, without naming the driver.

The solicitors have come back requesting name and details and I have not responded. I believe it is up to them to find out who was the driver at that time to enforce this.That is what I could gather from the other threads- You do not need to name the driver, but you only need to prove that you did not commit the "offence".

You do not need to prove anything. The onus is on the other side to prove their case. Of course, if a keeper can prove they were not the driver then they should tell that to the Scottish court in the unlikely event that this ever got anywhere near one.

My suggestion for Scottish keepers is to get a solid fuel fire installed, plus one of these. After five years of collecting scammer's bog paper it can be used to heat your home for free.

Woodburner.jpg

If you need further help, please start your own thread, but no Scottish keeper should ever need more help than, ignore for five years, then destroy all paperwork and ignore for the rest of your life.

Just make sure that SMP Murdo Fraser does not get his wicked way and have keeper liability incorporated into Scottish law.

Please do complain to your own MP about this unregulated scam.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,284 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    @LRM you should start your own thread and if you did, this would be the reply we'd suggest replacing the name of course
    2zg5ki8.jpg

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Best answer yet, and Ah didnae need a translator.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business