Energy Switching - ever thought of getting a pet!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Whatever. I prefer to decide who knows what when about my energy usage or indeed, anything else. I am certainly not prepared to let some dumb machine decide who my provider is or at what rate I am charged. You can keep your smart meters; I am of a generation who thinks for itself, rather than one who relies on machines to do its thinking: Generation appless generates thought; generation hapless relies on apps.
  • House_Martin
    House_Martin Posts: 1,462 Forumite
    edited 12 March 2018 at 6:04PM
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    Whatever. I prefer to decide who knows what when about my energy usage or indeed, anything else. I am certainly not prepared to let some dumb machine decide who my provider is or at what rate I am charged. You can keep your smart meters; I am of a generation who thinks for itself, rather than one who relies on machines to do its thinking: Generation appless generates thought; generation hapless relies on apps.
    haha, nice line Smodtlet.."generation hapless " and their useless apps where they rely on their slab of plastic as if its a third lung.
    I can t see the gimmick of Labrador working without SMETS2 meters being almost fully operational
    It will be many many years down the line I think before Labrador is up an running smart switching (using only SMETS2 meters) every 5 minutes to the highest bidder.
    If it works, and can save £300 a year then watch all your anti smart brigade swallow their false pride and beg suppliers for smart meters.
    End of the day money talks !
  • fredandwilma
    fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Imagine being switched to a certain energy company who will remain nameless.........

No thanks :eek::rotfl:
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
  • Smodlet
    Options
    Imagine being switched to a certain energy company who will remain nameless.........

No thanks :eek::rotfl:

OMG! Not that I know which one you mean, f&w, but there are myriad companies I just would not choose to be with. To have no control over to whom and when I was switched, no very thank you. Is this dog going to take into account things like the WHD? Standing charges? It would have to be a pretty smart pooch to do that; there seem to be people on here who cannot grasp what those are.

I wonder if this labrador woman is reading this thread; maybe we are doing her R & D for her, for free. Don't think I want anyone else watching me via a meter. :eek:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    And, as soon as you change supplier via your (almost certainly SMETS 1) smart meter, it will become dumb so I think this Labrador woman's plan has a basic flaw. Maybe she's a dumb b!tc#.

You read it here first. From Antonio at Labrador.com in response to a question that I posed about SMETS1 meters:

Quote: Reply from Antonio
    Hi, if you already have a smart that is fine, we can connect the Labrador retriever directly to your current SMETS1 meter and eventually switch you if we can find a cheaper tariff.
    The meter won't go into dumb mode after switching thanks to our device. Unquote

Makes one wonder why The Data Communications Company is spending so much money trying to adopt SMETS1 meters on to its system.
  • Smodlet
    Options
    They can't seem to make up their minds whether it is a lab or a retriever, either... And would your octopus not be jealous, Hengus? :D
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why so hostile?

The poster was only trying to explain how they thought it would be possible for the system to continue to work after a smart meter turns dumb.
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    Makes one wonder why The Data Communications Company is spending so much money trying to adopt SMETS1 meters on to its system.
    My guess is that they know a lot of people would object to being forced to allow the smart meter to use their own broadband that they pay for monthly.

If you are choosing it, that's a different matter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure