PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 10th March 2018

Options
1235»

Comments

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 10 March 2018 at 7:27PM
    Options
    Managed to get through to the ward Holly's on but not much to report apart from she was in her bedroom asleep which hopefully means she has a room to herself but then again after the way they have been making things up so far who knows. I just hope, like everybody does, that she is safe and being treated with compassion.

I know she is going to be cheered up by everyones lovely messages hopefully she wont feel quite so alone. :A

lol camelot I know ...big card and small writing should do the job. What an amazing group of people we have on here :A
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nelski wrote: »
    Managed to get through to the ward Holly's on but not much to report apart from she was in her bedroom asleep which hopefully means she has a room to herself but then again after the way they have been making things up so far who knows. I just hope, like everybody does, that she is safe and being treated with compassion.

I know she is going to be cheered up by everyones lovely messages hopefully she wont feel quite so alone. :A

lol camelot I know ...big card and small writing should do the job. What an amazing group of people we have on here :A

I'm wondering if she's got things to do. Books to read? Telly to watch? I think I'd be asleep if I'd got nothing to do but stare at 4 walls.
  • System
    Options
    Just had a message from my daughter in SA.

"Drove past a man's leg yesterday... Not something you see very often hey !! Tick that off the bucket list !"

Oh dear :(
  • Nelski
    Options
    Judi wrote: »
    I'm wondering if she's got things to do. Books to read? Telly to watch? I think I'd be asleep if I'd got nothing to do but stare at 4 walls.

I'm going to send her a book and some trashy mags Judi till we know how long she going to be there. Hoping they will be keeping her busy or I would be the same as you asleep and bored :(
  • Nelski
    Options
    Judi wrote: »
    Just had a message from my daughter in SA.

"Drove past a man's leg yesterday... Not something you see very often hey !! Tick that off the bucket list !"

Oh dear :(

oh no :eek: hope she's ok x
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Hi everyone:hello:

Nelski please can you add my best wishes & Hopes for a short stay. Holly, imho, has been badly abused by these ‘so called professionals’ & I agree with monnagran why all the cloak & dagger stuff. I am very sad that her GP got overridden - he sounded like he knew how to help Holly & it would appear “they” lied to him as well. The abuse of power is frightening:mad:

Rant over, I am in a CBA mood at the moment :o - a good job my DH isn’t in the same mood :T
    He has painted the stairwell in a soft grey colour (the whole house except bathroom, kitchen, cloakroom & entrance hall will all be painted in the same colour better than magnolia:) ). It looks lovely & light:T

I did manage to wash & dry our clothes from the Dublin trip - no ironing just fold Kondo style & put away. Late lunch was fried eggs on toast (last of the slices of bread from the freezer).

Tonight I will try to get my ‘decluttering & cleaning mojo’ back from wherever it has run away to:rotfl:

Wishing everyone a lovely evening especially Holly.

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • System
    edited 10 March 2018 at 9:05PM
    Options
    He has painted the stairwell in a soft grey colour (the whole house except bathroom, kitchen, cloakroom & entrance hall will all be painted in the same colour better than magnolia ). It looks lovely & light

Reminds me of about 15 years back, i told Grump i wanted my hall painted soft peach. Like an idiot i left him to choose the paint and get on with it whilst i went out.

I came back horrified. It was orange! Not a nice shade of orange either. I hadnt got the heart to tell him how much i hated it, by this time he'd got half way up the stairs. I put up with it and hated it for at least 10 years.

Honestly, you needed sunglasses to enter the house.:rotfl:

Nelski my daughter is fine. Hosted a childrens party today.
    https://www.facebook.com/houseofloveandhope/posts/1825331084143674
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Holly, I'm thinking of you.
    I so hope you are home safe and well soon.

xx
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Mrs SD apparently grey is the go-to colour today, my friend who is trustee in the tiny baby charity said that yesterday at the stall she was on she had several Mums all ask if they sold any baby blankets in grey !!!
    She said No mostly blue ,pink and cream .

My DGD Katie whose little baby is due in two weeks has the baby's nursery all painted in light grey. I am the old fashioned type though, and like baby blues and pinks.

Well, just got home from dinner out with the family at a local curry house and we had such a nice evening and gorgeous food as well.

I had taken one of the pink baby rememberance bells along for Margaret as she had a young neighbour she wanted to give it to who had lost her little girl,, and my son-in-laws sister Fran asked if I would make some for her Christmas tree as rememberance for her Dad, our Frank, who sadly died in January and her pa-in-law Ron, whose funeral we are all off to next Monday.

So I shall make two bright red ones and embroider in black their initial on each one so they can be hung on her tree at Christmas to remember her dad and Pa-in-law that they have lost this year. Bless her she said she would pay for it, but I said no way ,so she is going to make a donation towards the baby charity instead which will be nice I think.

DD has left a small bag with something nice in for me for tomorrow as she has to go down to reopen their caravan in Deal for the coming season and take all their odds and ends down. But I know I shall see my youngest DD at some point in the morning as well.

I do hope HollyH is bearing up OK and Nelski you are a treasure to think of her and I hope you can get all our names on a card ,to show how much we are all hoping and praying for her return to health again. You definitely are a little star Nels, well done honey

Love to all

JackieO xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family