HSBC does not allow me access to my money

Options
13»

Comments

• PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Options
    Skag wrote: »
    My question is still unanswered: What does it mean to be joint holder of a bank account? Does it not mean that each of the joint holders has full access to pay in and withdraw money? Please enlighten me.

It depends on the terms and conditions of the account.
  • BooJewels
    BooJewels Posts: 2,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Skag wrote: »
    Precisely my thought on the solution. However not having access to one's funds?... I think it transcends the soft expression of "poor customer service".
    But if there are conditions on the account (all bank accounts come with Ts and Cs attached) as to how it operates, if you try to access the funds without meeting the terms, then it's not poor customer service on the part of the bank if they want you to do it properly, in line with the terms of that account.

Imagine the converse; if the account required two signatories (by way of example) to move funds and one party did so without the others knowing about it and the bank allowed it, then you'd also be peeved that the terms of the account weren't honoured by the bank.

I think you'll need to work with the other two account holders to come to a resolution.
  • Skag
    Skag Posts: 480 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fair points. I'll check the T&C of that account. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure