Malham Cove

Hi,

My wife has a birthday on 07.06. I wanted to take her and the kids (3 children) to Malham Cove. There are several Guest Houses and Inns in Malham, but it looks like there are no vacancies in any of them in the period 07-10.06. Does anybody know if there is something going on there at the time or is there any other reason for that? I will also appreciate any recommendations on an accommodation in the area. For the size of the party I need to be on a budget as well. :) Thanks for your attention.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

Comments

• indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Malham is always busy at the best of times as its fairly small and extremely popular. Could you maybe stay in Gargrave (20mins), Settle (20mins) or possibly even Skipton (30 mins)?
    Its one of the better times of year to do the three peaks too which makes most weekends busy in June, July and August.
    Although I can only see one three peaks event on that weekend for 50 people.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • Bigmoney2
    Bigmoney2 Posts: 640 Forumite
    Grassington isn't too far away and is a pretty village.
  • newatc
    newatc Posts: 845 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I've been to area a couple of times and stayed in a pretty little village called Austwick about 10 miles from Malham. I stayed at the Woodview B&B which was friendly, great breakfasts and is next door to a pub!
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,510 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    A number of schools now have two weeks at Spring Bank holiday. That week is the second week of that holiday.

There are however plenty of other guest house options in the area and a number of static caravan and cabin sites along the A65.
  • radoslaff
    radoslaff Posts: 168 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thank you all, guys. It's not the best option for us but obviously we'll have to stay quite a few miles away. It's a magical place and it's worth the inconvenience.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
  • hayya51
    hayya51 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Good Luck Brother!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills