Item delivered. Ebay tracking not updating

Options
I have sent a parcel. It’s delivered by Hermes and signed for.( I did state Hermes delivery in the listing, as an option). Looks one of these houses in London, which very multi occupancy which someone in the house hasn’t passed it on.
I’ve had a case opened item not received. I have loaded up the tracking number. However the ebay tracking cross matching isn’t registering/recognising the item hasn’t even been taken in by Hermes.
I can’t load up a photo of the tracking, as the case doesn’t allow me.
I don’t want to lose this case. Anything else I can do?

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you've only just added the tracking to the eBay case it won't show updated for about 24 hours. Have you added the tracking to the order too?
  • Nesty
    Nesty Posts: 492 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you've only just added the tracking to the eBay case it won't show updated for about 24 hours. Have you added the tracking to the order too?

OK, many thanks. I'll wait 24 hours.
    Yes, loaded the number up on both the order and the case.
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You might think about linking your ebay and Hermes accounts and setting the defaults to include automatically marking your order as shipped (assuming there is a very short interval between booking/sending) - that way the tracking number is added automatically to the listing.
  • Nesty
    Options
    Just an update. TBH, I think I am going to lose this INR case and will have to claim from Hermes.

On my my Hermes account (my parcels) Matrix. It clearly states delivered signature from customer (and gone through all stages), but no actual delivery time or date.

However, on public side. The page where members of the public go in to track their parcel. It states out for delivery tomorrow. This was last Thursday, when we had that atrocious weather.
    Something has gone wrong somewhere.
    Anyway Hermes investigating. It could be some glitch.
    Though unless that public side is confirmed delivered (that's what ebay will go on). Once escalated in a few days. I will clearly lose.
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have you checked what it says if you click on 'View order details' on the listing page - that often has very different information from the 'public' page and is well worth a look - although there is often a delay in updating.
  • Nesty
    Options
    Nesty wrote: »
    Just an update. TBH, I think I am going to lose this INR case and will have to claim from Hermes.

On my my Hermes account (my parcels) Matrix. It clearly states delivered signature from customer (and gone through all stages), but no actual delivery time or date.

However, on public side. The page where members of the public go in to track their parcel. It states out for delivery tomorrow. This was last Thursday, when we had that atrocious weather.
    Something has gone wrong somewhere.
    Anyway Hermes investigating. It could be some glitch.
    Though unless that public side is confirmed delivered (that's what ebay will go on). Once escalated in a few days. I will clearly lose.

Sorry meant the above was on the Hermes site not ebay site.
    I have sent message to Hermes about the situation. Though now on the ebay site, in the last few hours under tracking, it says 'claims code issued'.

I assume Hermes are deeming it lost and that 'claims code issued' is from Hermes. Then ebay system is picking that up?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure