IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Parking Charge Notice To Keeper

Options
Hello Experts,

I am a completely newbie user to this forum and I can barely navigate through the threads. I am not exactly clued up on computers.

I need some help, advice, general opinions on my current situation.

I have received a letter through the post, from an NCP car park in Lincoln saying I have overstayed the amount of time I purchased the ticket for (1 Hour). I bought he ticket at 15:04, left the car park at 16:28. Am I able to be to be charged for my actions or is this something I can ignore. I now have to pay £60 in 14 days or £100 after the ‘discount period’.

I would be extremely grateful if anyone could offer some form of advice/ general plan.

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,177 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You have no need to pay, nor can you ignore it.

The third option is to read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread and in post #1 you will find a template appeal.

Just send that to the parking company.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,959 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You do need to read the sticky threads at the top of any forum, first. See my signature below, shows you where to click back. Please don't post asking for a link.

These are easy to appeal, please read 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport