PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Selling to investor

Options
2»

Comments

• JoJo1978
    JoJo1978 Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    We put our house on the market last year for 12 weeks with viewings from owner occupier prospects but got no offers. We tweaked the marketing, changed agents and dropped the price a little. Within a week we had offers from three investors and the agent generated a bit of competition between them and bid them all up. All had been 'watching' the property since it went on the first time, waiting for a price drop.

Our chosen buyer, sounds like your prospect did mess us about by dragging feet so we switched to a second. He was overseas so the process took forever but we got there in the end. He'd never seen the property, only his wife had a few months prior. Investors don't care as much about dodgy neighbours, the area's facilities so long as they think it will let. They also may not care about decor, our buyer went in and Magnolia'd and IKEA'd ready for tenants.

Good luck!
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    boring1 wrote: »
    Well they said they have about 5 properties in the area they rent out - don't really think they are builders per se.

Maybe they built them?
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Some may drop the price before exchange or after survey, but meet them and try to get a feel for them. I sold to one who was perfectly pleasant and did drop a bit after survey but not a lot in the sale of things. He wanted to exchange within 5 weeks - which I prob could have done - but there were so many issues with the legal side of things with my purchase, it took 5 months. Investor buyer was patient. No nagging or threats. Bought a couple of large wardrobes off me and gave me the cash there and then. Perfectly honest and decent.
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport