IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Private parking spaces - UKPC rights to ticket?

Options
My leasehold document lists my parking space as private property along with my flat. Does UKPC (or any other company) have a legal right to ticket a vehicle on my property?

Are there any clauses in my leasehold to lookout for which could create a loophole?

Thank you

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 5 March 2018 at 6:29PM
    Options
    they can be employed to manage the parking on site by the MA or the landowner

but the rights of tenants is legally a complicated issue so you need to read the threads on here by daniel san and hairray to see what the current position is

get a cuppa ready and spend all week getting your head around it

read the NEWBIES thread too

you will find that your lease trumps any PPC "documentation"

read up on the JOPSON case too

and watch the House of Commons video from 5 weeks ago to see what the MP,s think about these sc@mmers

like in this thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5805178

and google for the info on DAVEY vs UKPC where he won against them and claimed damages a few years ago
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,462 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Your lease/AST has primacy of contract over anything the scammers say. A third party (parking scammers) cannot override your rights. Unfortunately you will still have to fight them.

As above, read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES, then send the appeal template you find that.
    After that you will need to research PoPLA.

Complain to the landowner and MA.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Do you have a parking ticket ( is for non display of permit) or is this a can they do this? question
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,959 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    My leasehold document lists my parking space as private property along with my flat. Does UKPC (or any other company) have a legal right to ticket a vehicle on my property?

Are there any clauses in my leasehold to lookout for which could create a loophole?
    Easiest way for you to understand the clause to look for, is to tell you to Google 'parking Prankster case law' and compare the Judge's findings in Link v Parkinson (a case won) to Link v Blaney (woefully lost).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport