What small MSE things will you do w/c 5th March

Options

Comments

• Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning

I was able to get on yesterday due no access to the Internet, I'm blaming the snow.

Today the children both have sports training in a local city which is going to take about 5 hours out of our day.

Today's plan:
    Wash hair and let it dry naturally
    LSD only pay for training
    RMsurvey
    Take packed lunch, snacks and drinks with us
    BLD from stores
    Stick to meal plan
    OH to work from home
    Home Educate children
    PAD
    Arrange break down cover for both of us

I managed to get everything on yesterday's list done.

Rang to renew my breakdown cover and arrange OH. I was very pleased as it was only 20% :money: more for both than just buying mine. Also there is no additional cost for paying monthly, so that is what we are doing, I would rather the money was in my account not theirs.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This weekend is operation DD room. We are changing the layout, swapping the bed with our spare, hopefully decluttering, giving it a deep clean, repairing the wardrobe etc.

When we are not doing that I plan to:
    RM survey
    Home Educate children
    BLD from stores
    Set dw and wm to run overnight
    PAD
    Stick to meal plan
    Check bank accounts
    Transfer money to where it needs to go

Reminder to myself:
    Buy tickets for nephew's show
    Look for some where for extended to go for a celebratory meal, complicated by the fact I don't know Sheffield.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 10 March 2018 at 12:25PM
    Options
    Hi March Money Magicians,

DW remains Plague-ridden and the washing machine is having a hard job keeping up with the laundry. Also needing to have the heating on to dry said laundry. :( At least I'm feeling ok now.

Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Three:

* Work very hard on my own mental health issues. Do Holistrio App.

* Check online banking and broadband usage.

* Turned off alarm clock until tonight, it resets itself automatically.

* Breakfast is a leftovers omelette.

* Made a sausage soup for dinner tonight after work. Thanks Smurf it's nearly the weekend.

To live without risk is to risk not living.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,078 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 March 2018 at 8:27PM
    Options
    Good Morning All

The weekend already feels like it's off to a great start as we've been to the gym for an hour. Today we have/will:

Check Bank & made PAD - Done
    Gym (rehab/physio) -
    Leek & Potato bubbling away in SC for soup (smelling great) -
    Washing -
    Ironing -
    Filing & Shredding -
    Purge a few emails -
    Enter a few comps -
    Swagbucks -
    Surveys -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Check: Tombola Stars, Lucky Bob, Luckyphone, FPL -

Have a great day all.

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 32/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,128 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Saturday Savers,
    So dull & rainy first thing, decided to treat ourselves to breakfast in town. Chose Waitrose Cafe so that our coffees would be free. Halos gleaming as paid from our personal spends, so zero effect on bank balance/budget.
    *Grocery shopping at Aldi & Waitrose. Over budget by £11, but there will be some rollover of supplies into next week's meal plans so am not worried about overall monthly target.
    *Stayed on outskirts of town so parked for free.
    *Updated grocery budget, another budget & shifted a bit of cash between pots to keep everything accurate.
    *Paid another 3 x 50ps into my sealed pot.
    *Finished knitting socks last night....a free pair for mr f, as I used leftovers of 6 part balls of blue & 1 part ball of a nice self patterning sock yarns from my stash. Next project is finishing the thrift project I started last summer - a 'patchwork' throw for the sofa made from loads of tiny mitred squares knitted from leftover odds & ends of sock yarn. I'm going to fetch that project box down in a minute & see how far I've got with it.
    *mr f is trying a new recipe tonight - Moroccan beef pie (from one of Waitrose's free weekend newspapers). It sounds tasty, is fairly low calorie & will make enough to freeze for another meal. It uses couscous as the basis for its crumble topping. I haven't done that before, but can see plenty of opportunities to top leftovers if it works out well.
    *No downstairs heating on yet. Trying to hold out until a bit later. Really, we want our energy usage to start decreasing from March, don't we?
    Ok, those are my only efforts today.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :)
    Busy day!
    Cleared camper van out ready for its checkover / service on Monday
    Moved loads of stuff in OH's den so that we could get out a chest of drawers that he is giving DD
    DD and her OH came round to help move furniture round, put chest of drawers in the back of our car (our car is bigger and there is no child seat in there at the moment). DD very pleased with lovely antique mahogany chest of drawers :) This one, alomg with some other old furniture, was cleared out of someone's barn (at their request, obviously) ages ago and restored by OH.
    Moved a cupboard out of spare room to put OH's stuff in (after he had decluttered :))
    Moved a table from first floor landing up to spare bedroom and left a lovely clear space on the landing :D
    It is all a bit of a mission due to a) heavy old furniture, and b) a 3 storey house with steep stairs :eek: Anyway, done now. OH had to move loads of stuff out of the way though, and it will all have to be put back.
    I did a load of stocktaking for my business - two thirds of it done, I reckon :)
    Made a veggie chilli and potato wedges for dinner
    Just about to wash up, make coffee and get an early night!
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning guys :) whoop I've made it to my final day of the week :j found out yesterday I get paid time & a 3rd for weekend work :beer: and was allowed to leave 30 mins early :cool:

I've been awake since 5am :eek: so have used the time to straighten everything out financially :money: all accounts now straight - such a relief to have that in order!

Also set goals for the next week, and gathered up my lunch/snacks for the day ;)

I also hope to:

* hang up washing
    * shower instead of bath
    * get oh to do card for dd & call her to wish her happy mother's day
    * also she has some homework
    * oh & madam ended up eating at inlaws so yesterday's dinner will be had today ;)
    * wrap hair in towel to promote curls rather than dry ;)
    * cast on 2nd sock when I get in. In fact I could take it to work and do it in my lunch break...

That's it! Have a great Sunday x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 11 March 2018 at 12:27PM
    Options
    Morning folks.... still catching up with the thread.

Sorry for being awol all weekend. I've been busy but up and down in myself. Had a fab day Thursday, but was very down again yesterday. Getting a bit fed up of these mood swings!

I don't even want to go into the garden centre spends... I may be ejected from the group :eek:

OH was very sweet about it though, he said that at the end of the day, I get a lot of enjoyment from the garden (true) so it's worth it (unsure whether this is true)
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 11 March 2018 at 1:00PM
    Options
    Hi March Money Magicians,

DW still has Plague so today I am charged with doing the planned top-up grocery shop. This is usually strictly the job of She Who Can't Stop Coughing. I have been suppled with a List and Instructions. I will be taking the Ferrari (aka the shopping trolley) and going the shop on foot.

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Three:

* Work very hard on my own mental health issues. Do Holistrio App.

* Check online banking and broadband usage.

* Turned off alarm clock until tonight, it resets itself automatically.

* Coronation Chicken with jacket potato for lunch using forgotten about mango chutney.

To live without risk is to risk not living.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning al :hello:

Hope everyone is ok. Today’s things:
    DH bought some bacon and muffins from shop and is cooking breakfast for us all. Much cheaper than the eating out
    Home made cards from the smalls
    I sent my mum one that I bought as a duplicate a previous year and kept in my card box. It’s split in to months and is great as I stash all my cards in there and has saved me loads over the years as I always know where they are
    DDs to preside lessons
    DH and I to gym
    Half price chicken for dinner
    Make tomorrow’s packed lunches
    Portion up bean casserole and freeze some
    Make tangerine cake if time as I found some ground almonds in cupboard
    MH app
    Quick tidy round ahead of week
    Watch something on box sets with DH tonight

Have a good day peeps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors