🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

How to buy shares in a US based company

Options
13»

Comments

• AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    shreya wrote: »
    Staying in the UK and buying shares in the US can be a challenging task due to the time difference. Thats why i would recommend a trading app since you can set alerts and try triggers which activate when certain specifications are met.
    It can turn out to be quite helpful!

The markets are usually open between about 2pm to 930pm. How is that "challenging"?
  • longwalks1
    longwalks1 Posts: 3,751 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    shreya wrote: »
    Also btw, How is X-O? I haven't personally tried it out but there a lot of good reviews going around about it. Just wanted to check it out.

I find it very basic, but its all I need. £5.95 fee per trade, i have an X-O share dealing account and a S&S ISA with them for longer term holds (and those with a change of mutli-bagging)
  • trevman
    trevman Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    you can buy international CDI's with X-O.co.uk, they are listed like;
    GOOGL.US
    MSFT.US
    FB.US
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories