We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Make up or beauty product must haves

Options

Comments

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 5,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I love Elemis Omega Rich cleansing oil, but have found that The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing oil does a fantastic job £12/200ml as opposed to £30/200ml, the Elemis may feel/smell a touch more luxurious, but not enough in it to spend the extra dosh unless received as a gift.:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Starrystarrynight1
    Options
    Can I just ask, do you think The Ordinary's primers would be good on eyelids? I have terrible trouble keeping eyeliner in place and thought a primer might help. I have some skincare from The Ordinary, which I love, but wasn't aware of them doing primers. Thanks in advance for any advice!

I used to be Starrystarrynight on MSE, before a log in technical glitch!
  • catherinekate
    Options
    MyGirl1 wrote: »
    Ah yes foundations I have different ones for day and night my fave is a Revlon brand tho so not too expensive. I’d love to try the Armani foundation as I’ve heard so much good stuff about it but can’t bring myself to pay that much for it ...it’s eye waterinly expensive :eek:

I treated myself to this. It has, to be fair, lasted well - been using it regularly for 12 months and I'm only half way through the bottle. I have very fair skin and struggle normally with a colour match, but this is perfect. However . . . the texture and staying power on my oily T-zone is not quite as good as Rimmel's Stay Matte, which I can't get in the right shade any more.

Love Makeup Revolution's eyeshadow and blusher - great value for money.

I find Max Factor's mascara to be excellent - works better for me than Benefit, etc. and more :money: (especially when 3 for 2)
  • PoppyTaylor
    PoppyTaylor Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    I love benefit's They're Real! Mascara but when I don't feel like spending £20 on mascara, I do also love Maybelline mascara!
    My favourite powder foundation is Bare Minerals and I like NYX eyeshadow palettes. I love make-up but I could happily get by with just these 3 products if need be!
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Can I just ask, do you think The Ordinary's primers would be good on eyelids? I have terrible trouble keeping eyeliner in place and thought a primer might help. I have some skincare from The Ordinary, which I love, but wasn't aware of them doing primers. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Have you tried urban decays eye primer?
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    I love Elemis Omega Rich cleansing oil, but have found that The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing oil does a fantastic job £12/200ml as opposed to £30/200ml, the Elemis may feel/smell a touch more luxurious, but not enough in it to spend the extra dosh unless received as a gift.:D

The Elemis one is my fav. I’ve tried the body shop one, but I like the way the Elemis one emulsifies.
  • Zandy_23
    Zandy_23 Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    Benefit products are amazing. Primers and highlighters are just a few of them. When it comes to mascara, I agree that Maybelline got some good ones that are a lot cheaper though.
  • Iamzee
    Iamzee Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    I always go with maybelline products when it comes to make up must haves. They are way cheaper than most and they have a wide range of formulas.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 5,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lip primers? I love lipstick and have quite a lot, but they just don't seem to stay on me, I do the lip brush and blotting and re-applying lark. The long lasting ones I tried in the past are too drying for me and make my lips scaly. Does anyone know what primers are available and if anything works for them?:)
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • valmade
    valmade Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    Lip primers? I love lipstick and have quite a lot, but they just don't seem to stay on me, I do the lip brush and blotting and re-applying lark. The long lasting ones I tried in the past are too drying for me and make my lips scaly. Does anyone know what primers are available and if anything works for them?:)

Avon have just launched a new lipstick called Epic which has a built in primer. I haven't tried it myself but might be worth a look.
    Valpotts
    :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.5K Travel & Transport