Santander 3% E-Saver

Options
Hello everyone hope you're enjoying your weekend, I have a quick question... I currently put the maximum £200 a month into Santander 3% e saver and have been for 3 months only. I also have a Flex direct that I contribute to. I was wondering if I could close the Santander and just contribute more to my nationwide flex and earn the 5% rather than 3%. Would I be able to close the account without any penalty etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 March 2018 at 5:31PM
    Options
    Ak92 wrote: »
    Hello everyone hope you're enjoying your weekend, I have a quick question... I currently put the maximum £200 a month into Santander 3% e saver and have been for 3 months only. I also have a Flex direct that I contribute to. I was wondering if I could close the Santander and just contribute more to my nationwide flex and earn the 5% rather than 3%. Would I be able to close the account without any penalty etc?

Thanks

It seems as if you can do:

Can I withdraw money?

Yes, withdrawals can be made at any time by transfer to your Santander current account in Online and Mobile Banking.
    If you make a withdrawal and then pay it back in, it will count towards your £200 monthly limit.

https://www.santander.co.uk/uk/savings/regular-esaver

Maybe leave £1 in it until it matures, just to on the safe side.
  • Ak92
    Ak92 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    I may just do that then, and leave a £ in there. Thanks for your reply !!!128077;!!!127997;
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure