PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Artificial grass - Opinions

Options
12346»

Comments

• Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,176 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No cutting required - bonus.
  • andrewf75
    andrewf75 Posts: 10,421 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 November 2018 at 1:45PM
    Options
    Hate it with a passion, but it would be easy enough to rip out so wouldn’t necessarily put me off a house. I’d welcome changing the garden as a project, although the fake grass would have to go pretty instantly!

I get that it makes sense for people who have no interest in gardening and just want a low maintenance space for kids or dogs, but in a landscaped garden like yours or like the pics attached in this thread, just no. Just wrong.

A much better idea as you seem to be into gardening would be sow wildflower meadows and mow paths through rather than try and keep all of it perfectly manicured. Perfect lawns are definitely overrated.
  • ReadingTim
    ReadingTim Posts: 3,970 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    giraffe69 wrote: »
    I'd be very happy with artificial grass provided it wasn't the cheap and nasty sort.

The only other sort of artificial grass I've seen is the expensive and nasty sort... :rotfl:
  • SeasideSally
    Options
    One of my neighbours put in fake grass a couple of years ago. It looks ridiculous. Mind you, he got carried away and has it going up a wall too, so it wouldn't look any better if he tried real grass.
    Selling up and moving to the seasaw. Mortgage-free by 2020 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure