IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Uk cpm

Options
Hi everyone

Firstly I am pretty scared about posting this but I've been reading the newbie sticky over and over again and I'm still confused. I would be really really grateful if someone can clarify without directing me to the sticky.

To cut a long story short, my husband displayed the incorrect permit for a bay he was parked in and got issued a ticket. (his fault). He displayed his residents permit in a visitor bay.

The company is UK CPM.

I know there is a different set of procedures dependent on registration of BPA/IPC etc. The sticky says CPM are not members. The PCN says they are are. I read a thread about them having commercial membership.

I am just so confused as to whether to appeal or wait.

I read the guidance says to appeal online but the PCN says that appeals need to be made in writing within 21 days, ensuring we send name and address.

Thank you and apologies for not understanding
All men hear is blah, blah, blah, blah, SEX, blah, blah, blah, FOOD, blah, blah, blah, BEER:wall:

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 4 March 2018 at 10:47AM
    Options
    If there is no online method to send the appeal then post it (not signed for - get a proof of posting cert from the post office)

UK car park management are IPC members

Read up on the futility of appeals to IPC members and the reason why you send off the blue text template to them in the FAQs
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 4 March 2018 at 11:02AM
    Options
    Welcome to the forum.

There are two forms of membership of an Accredited Trade Association (ATA) - a corporate-style membership where the logo of the ATA is enclosed in a rectangular block. This means they receive general memos and updates on parking issues, and invites to any corporate bun fights during the year.

As far as parking tickets are concerned it is the symbol where the logo is enclosed in a roundel, which indicates that the parking company (PPC) is a member of the Approved/Accredited Operator Scheme (AOS) of the ATA (BPA or IPC). This symbol is the 'dangerous one' and means the PPC can acquire registered keeper details from the DVLA, enabling them to pursue the speculative invoice they dress up as an attempted penalty charge. You will find that UKCPM is a member of the IPC AOS.

So you need to just follow the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 at this stage and, as UKCPM are IPC operators, await the NtK.
    In the case of CURRENT IPC AOS MEMBERS ONLY, we now advise to WAIT for a Notice to Keeper to arrive and then challenge once online or by email, as the KEEPER, not driver, using the template appeal for IPC members, as shown below.

Q -''Why wait for the 'NTK' to arrive a month later, after finding an IPC member windscreen PCN?''

A: Because there has been shown to be no appeal worth trying really, you will get a rejection anyway, so you may as well leave it and see if they issue a NTK and let them apply to the DVLA (unless yours is a company or lease car of course, in which case you MUST appeal at windscreen PCN stage as stated at the end of this thread). Also, letting an IPC member get the data from the DVLA places obligations upon the PPC in the processing of that data which can have data protection implications for them if they misuse it (for example if they try to 'sell' the parking charge to a third party like MIL Collections).

Please, also write to your MP as private parking is potentially in line for a serious shake-up in the next few months, so every MP we can 'get onside' will make the controls placed on PPCs ever more stringent, including very tight control over what they can and can't do in residential situations - the recent House of Commons debate made a number of references to private parking company abuse at residential estates.

Watch this:

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family