Tesco DDs last date taken

Options
r2015
r2015 Posts: 1,136 Forumite
Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
edited 3 March 2018 at 2:26PM in Savings & investments
When will the last Tesco Savings account direct debit be taken if the due date is 23rd April?

Will that one be taken or cancelled?
over 73 but not over the hill.

Comments

• youngretired
    youngretired Posts: 581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It states in the T&C's booklet that changes take affect from 22nd April therefore your April DD should be taken.
  • r2015
    r2015 Posts: 1,136 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Sorry the date should have been 23rd April not 3rd April, same question still applies that was why I posted the question.

I will alter original post
    over 73 but not over the hill.
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    Options
    Existing DD will be cancelled from 22 April so my understanding is that one due on 23 April would therefore not be taken. (My last one due in April is 20th so just in time). You could therefore alter the date to a few days earlier?
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    Wait and see. I reckon that Tesco will take a few months before they cancel their dds. I am not doing anything yet and I won't until I see they are stopping dds.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tg99 wrote: »
    Existing DD will be cancelled from 22 April so my understanding is that one due on 23 April would therefore not be taken. (My last one due in April is 20th so just in time). You could therefore alter the date to a few days earlier?
    I'd be wary of the 20th, and bring it forward a few days personally. DD, as I'm sure you're aware, is a 3 day process and in your case completion day is the day after they stop the feature.
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »
    Wait and see. I reckon that Tesco will take a few months before they cancel their dds. I am not doing anything yet and I won't until I see they are stopping dds.

Presumably you've drafted up a compensation begging email already not matter if they continue or not....
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    Options
    I'd be wary of the 20th, and bring it forward a few days personally. DD, as I'm sure you're aware, is a 3 day process and in your case completion day is the day after they stop the feature.

Good point though may not need to if I set my PO online saver DDs to start in April.
  • philng
    philng Posts: 801 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How do you change date of a TESCO Direct Debit so I can bring forward for April?

My understanding is it would have to be cancelled and then reset up?

Could easily be wrong though!
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,109 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tg99 wrote: »
    Good point though may not need to if I set my PO online saver DDs to start in April.

I set up my replacement dds back in October / November when Tesco first announced they were doing away with the dd facility to avoid the last minute panic, and to avoid the Scottish Widows situation where they withdraw new applications.
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,109 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    philng wrote: »
    How do you change date of a TESCO Direct Debit so I can bring forward for April?

My understanding is it would have to be cancelled and then reset up?

Could easily be wrong though!

You go into your online banking and edit the dd. Similar to how you set it up in the first place
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure