IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

A rare find - parking management with common sense

Options
Yes, I discovered that elusive beast the other day: a parking management service that not only employed common sense but also compassion.

We parked in a car park in Edinburgh (Fountainbridge) and went for a meal with our teenage son and his girlfriend. To qualify for free parking you get the ticket (received upon entry) validated by one of the businesses there. On this occasion my wife couldn't find the ticket anywhere - we checked with the restaurant to see if it was on the floor there, retraced our route, etc, but no joy.

However, the person on duty very kindly said that he would just let us out without having to pay - it would only have been the same amount we would have paid for unvalidated parking, but all the same, it was nice not to have to fork out £4.70 for a silly mistake.

It just goes to show that it is possible to have sensible parking management without absurd 'fines' for trivial mistakes.

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Which private parking company is this then?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,462 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This assumes that the keeper does not now get a PCN/NTK through the post for failing to pay.

Cynical, moi?

If that happens of course you can safely ignore it as explained in the NEWBIES.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • ElefantEd
    ElefantEd Posts: 1,196 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Well, as the attendant had to raise a barrier to let us out, and thus had ample opportunity to ask us to pay at the time, I don't think there is any danger of a PCN.

No idea who the company is, but the site is this one: https://fountainpark.co.uk/your-visit/getting-here
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,572 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope your upbeat opinion remains justified, op.

Note that site is Fountain Park, not Fountain Bridge.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• ElefantEd
    ElefantEd Posts: 1,196 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes, the site is called Fountain Park, it's in the Fountainbridge area of Edinburgh.
  • bergkamp
    bergkamp Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I suspect the land owners have an abundance of PPCs on their land...

https://fountainpark.co.uk/our-business/other-land-securities-centres
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family