NatWest / Free McAfee Virus Scan Plus

Options
Natwest are giving away free 1 year licences for Mc Afee Virus Scan Plus for all their online banking customers.

Well worth getting ;) But I'd say if your a NatWest customer - do it now, I don't expect this will hang around for ever!!

Regards
UNDERGROUND :D

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
  • sayhey
    sayhey Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    RBS are doing a similar offer, best bit is that you can combine the 2 and 2 years free. Just use the same Mcafee.com login details.
  • JohalaReewi
    JohalaReewi Posts: 2,614 Forumite
    Options
    Or, you can use one of the excellent free antivirus products (ie free forever, not just free for a year) like AVG or Antivir.

Also, why would you want to burden your PC with McAfee bloatware?
  • oldagetraveller
    Options
    Information appreciated UNDERGROUND, I do have a Natwest a/c but I am of the same opinion, for what it's worth, as JohalaReewi.
    I had a PC which came with pre-installed McAfee and a trial period included, it was an absolute pig to get rid of and I never succeeded completely even with the assistance of McAfee tech. support "chat". It hung around for ages afterwards like a bad smell. Quite regularly, even after supposedly removing everything, I still had a reminder appear on the screen advising my virus McAfee definitions were out of date and did I want run an update!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure