G24 parking charge from 6 months ago

Hi all, I hope someone can help me. I have looked through the newbie thread and couldn’t find what I was looking for sonposting a separate thread.

I received a letter from ‘Debt Recovery Plus’ last week saying I needed to pay £160 for overstaying in Homebase back in September. Firstly I have no memory of being in Homebase on the day they’ve mentioned and obviously haven’t kept receipts from that long ago. I havent ever recieved a parking ticket before so I definitely would have noticed if I’d got one, so I assume it was an ANPR camera although no mention of this in the letter from DRP and no evidence supplied.

I moved house and sold my car in September so I hadn’t recieved any letters prior to this. There is no information about how to appeal with the parking company itself which as far as I can tell is the current advice with these tickets.

Can anyone please advise what I should do next?

Many thanks.


  • edited 28 February 2018 at 6:49PM
    KeithPKeithP Forumite
    27.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 28 February 2018 at 6:49PM
    You are too late to appeal.

    You need to go back to the NEWBIES thread and read post #4 which in the greatest detail describes just how to deal with debt collector's letters.
    But to summarise that post: ignore debt collector's letters.

    In your circumstances however, it would be wise to respond to DRP in writing advising them of your current address and instructing them to let G24 know it too.
    Send it first class post and get a free Certificate of Posting from the Post Office counter.

    You moved house, sold your car and picked up a parking ticket in September.
    In what order did those things happen?
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    36.8K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    IGNORE DRP, like post #4 of that sticky thread tells you to (no idea how you missed that post)

    ideally you appeal it to G24 direct using the appeal template, then IGNORE if they fail to cancel (they wont cancel so its a paper excercise)

    G24 then have 6 years to try a court case, so come back if you get a formal LBC or an MCOL within 6 years

    your best option for a cancellation is a complaint direct to the landowner
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    99.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Thirded: ignore the PPC, and of course complain to the retailer and get it cancelled, as everyone seems to manage against G24 without too much trouble.

    You would find this discussed to death if you search the forum for 'G24 cancelled'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Ralph-yRalph-y Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    this is a 'cowboy industry' (Hansard)

    to understand such please watch our MP's debating it


    then after following the good advice above ... complain to your MP...

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides