HSBC PPI offer payment

I put in a complaint and HSBC have upheld my complaint and made an offer, I filled in the payment instruction and sent it back 3 weeks ago 1st class recorded.

I know it says they will pay it within 4 weeks but I would of expected it by now or is this normal with HSBC? I did try to phone but failed security, I havn't held the account for 10 years so don't know every security question.

Comments

• cycloneuk wrote: »
    I filled in the payment instruction and sent it back 3 weeks ago 1st class recorded.
    Shouldn't have sent it "Recorded" as the Bank will very likely now say they haven't received it.
    Ring them to confirm receipt.
  • It shows as delivered and signed for, I can't ring because I can't get past security. Why would they deny receipt?
  • cycloneuk wrote: »
    It shows as delivered and signed for, I can't ring because I can't get past security. Why would they deny receipt?
    Delivered and signed for by the Front office and then lost is the usual result of sending it recorded.They will "deny receipt" because the correct office won't have it.

You may wish to read this;
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3959897

..and I've seen several other such instances reported here since..

Why would you fail "security" if you have an upheld complaint with an attached reference number to quote?
  • cycloneuk
    cycloneuk Posts: 363
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 28 February 2018 at 6:23PM
    Delivered and signed for by the Front office and then lost is the usual result of sending it recorded.They will "deny receipt" because the correct office won't have it.

You may wish to read this;
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3959897

..and I've seen several other such instances reported here since..

Why would you fail "security" if you have an upheld complaint with an attached reference number to quote?

Because you have to pass telephone banking before they will even speak to you about it. I have managed to remember my code now but HSBC keep cutting me off, phone lines appear to be down.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,904
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    In some cases, the post office delivery signs the receipt. Not the actual recipient. Especially if you use PO Boxes.

Where a bank uses different addresses for different departments, the signed delivery is often diverted to a different place. It can then do the rounds and maybe never get there. It doesnt happen all the time but you do see it quite a lot. Enough to remind people not to use signed-for post with their complaint.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure