Plusnet

Renewed my broadband/phone contract with PN back in november and part of the deal was a £50 c/b -which TalkTalk were offering at the time. Forgot all about it until the new year and spoke to several people at PN about it.
Upshot of it - call from cs yesterday to say that they had found the phone conversation and were adding £50 to my account.Well done Plusnet. Thank you.

Comments

• societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Cool story . .
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,545 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Plusnet gave you cashback that TalkTalk were offering?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• kwikbreaks
    kwikbreaks Posts: 9,187 Forumite
    Getting a price match with other providers at renewal is a pretty common practice so yes in effect he did get cashback from Plusnet which TalkTalk were offering....
  • marlot
    marlot Posts: 4,932 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I moved to Plusnet in December with the promise of a £100 amazon voucher which appeared on the splashpage but nowhere else.
    I took a screenshort just in case, and was expecting to have to fight for it, but no problem.
    The service has been good so far too - not quite as fast as BT, but not far off (and yes, I'm aware the BT own PN).
  • kwikbreaks
    kwikbreaks Posts: 9,187 Forumite
    I've been with PN for quite a few years now. I liked their option of a fixed IP which made access to home CCTV easy and I prefer it to the p2p solutions relying on Chinese servers. As it happens I now run a webserver from home which despite the 20Mbps upstream still outperforms shared hosting by a wide margin.

I believe their call wait times can be high bit I've never called other than for getting a good deal at renewal time and that has always been fast and the deals good.

I did have one line fault which fortunately registered as such on the BT linetester so I didn't have to go through a load of nonsense to get it fixed - they sent out Openreach who got it sorted on the first visit.
  • parkrunner
    parkrunner Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Renewed my broadband/phone contract with PN back in november and part of the deal was a £50 c/b -which TalkTalk were offering at the time. Forgot all about it until the new year and spoke to several people at PN about it.
    Upshot of it - call from cs yesterday to say that they had found the phone conversation and were adding £50 to my account.Well done Plusnet. Thank you.

No, well done would have been getting the £50 without having to talk to several people at PN.
    It's nothing , not nothink.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport